Hello all, back from the dead!!

AliceInNY

Reaction score
Hello AliceInNY, thank you for saying hello and I'm glad your back also :)
I was actually wondering what it's like in Australia. The only thing keeping me from going out there and visiting some good friends of mine is my irrational fear of spiders. When I mentioned that to my friend James he told me that the spiders are the least of his worries. ._.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Well YAY!! Good to see you - but, but you look different! Kinda blue ... j/k Welcome back!!

Reactions: searchthisworld

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Hello Tom! My account was deleted too. Nice to see you're back :)

OH no - didn't realize you were deleted too!! Welcome back!!! - um where should I send you your droopy flower bouquet (j/k) hehe but yay - glad you are able to post again!!!

Reaction score
I was actually wondering what it's like in Australia. The only thing keeping me from going out there and visiting some good friends of mine is my irrational fear of spiders. When I mentioned that to my friend James he told me that the spiders are the least of his worries. ._.

Australia is a lovely country, plenty to do and plenty to see, don't stress about the spiders, iv'e lived here my whole life and to be honest with you I have not had many run in's with spiders.

Reaction score
If you say so! I'll consider it but do you mean few run ins with dangerous spiders or spiders in general?

I have had run ins with spiders but no more than the average person in the USA, the most dangerous spiders I have had run ins with are white tails and red backs and that is not often, and I have been out camping and spent a lot of time in the bush, iv'e also spent a lot of time working on out back farms and have not had run ins with what you would call DEADLY!! spiders. We do get a few Huntsman spiders but there harmless, there good for catching flies and are actually welcomed in some peoples homes. It's not like you think, you don't run into spiders constantly over here, no more than you would back home. That's just from my experience anyway.

AliceInNY

Reaction score
I have had run ins with spiders but no more than the average person in the USA, the most dangerous spiders I have had run ins with are white tails and red backs and that is not often, and I have been out camping and spent a lot of time in the bush, iv'e also spent a lot of time working on out back farms and have not had run ins with what you would call DEADLY!! spiders. We do get a few Huntsman spiders but there harmless, there good for catching flies and are actually welcomed in some peoples homes. It's not like you think, you don't run into spiders constantly over here, no more than you would back home. That's just from my experience anyway.
Eh. I almost never see spiders here and there's this really creepy looking one I saw once and my brother caught it and brought it outside. He's got an odd fascination with spiders and bugs and he looked up what kind of spider it was. It was 100% harmless but I'm still terrified of them. It's about the size of a quarter some are bigger than that though. Eck.
Fishing_spiderRSrez.jpg

Just Jen

Reaction score
Hello guys, as most of you probably know we have had some trouble on the forums recently with a few accounts been deleted mine been one of them lol, but all is well guys I'm back. Thought I would say a quick hello, My name is Tom im 26 and from Australia so don't be shy and say hello.

Cheers guys Tom.

Hi Tom,
I'm Jenny, I'm 22 and from Australia too, unfortunately I don't have a passport so Australia is the only country I've managed to explore. I'm originally from Victoria, just got back from Tasmania last week after a few months but have spent most of the year in NSW (The Blue Mountains, Crescent Head and Nimbin mainly)

Reactions: searchthisworld
Reaction score
Hi Tom,
I'm Jenny, I'm 22 and from Australia too, unfortunately I don't have a passport so Australia is the only country I've managed to explore. I'm originally from Victoria, just got back from Tasmania last week after a few months but have spent most of the year in NSW (The Blue Mountains, Crescent Head and Nimbin mainly)
Hi Jenny how are you going? Sorry about the late reply I have been very busy. I have done a few over seas trips but to be honest I have not explored much of my own back yard Australia, do you travel often? I would love to drop every thing and live on the road I think it would be great. Hope to here from you soon.

Just Jen

Reaction score
Hi Jenny how are you going? Sorry about the late reply I have been very busy. I have done a few over seas trips but to be honest I have not explored much of my own back yard Australia, do you travel often? I would love to drop every thing and live on the road I think it would be great. Hope to here from you soon.

Hi,
yeah been travelling most of the past 2-3 years, managed to travel to every state and territory, NSW is my adopted home state, I love it there. Wanting to leave Victoria the end of next week and join the Leard Forest Blockade in NSW spend a few weeks or so up there before going to the easter ConFest near the Vic/NSW border. After that I have no idea, not good at making long term plans or stay in one place longer than a couple of months.....
whereabouts have you travelled overseas? I can't wait to get a passport, thinking about doing a TAFE course as a deckhand and dot my way around the globe on different boats etc.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads