Hello again almost 10 years later

Ristoncor

Reaction score
Wanted to come on here and make a reintroduction. Joined this site almost 10 years ago when I was in high school and here I am again now after having not been on since 2014.

As far as now goes I’ve been living and working in upstate New York the past few years. Been at a very what the fuck do I do now state of mind lately. I feel disconnected from what I spend my time doing working and the capitalist society we’re in and it’s crazy how many people I meet every day feel that exact same way. Being motivated is something I struggle with - and it can be hard to find optimism feeling like I don’t have much time outside of work to really live. Basically same shit different day.

I’ve been thinking lately about traveling more and more and the feeling that old inkling that I should just go see this country for what it has. Which is what brought me back here. :)

An old friend/roommate had a cycle of spending the warmer months biking and camping across Canada ending in the US for Burning Man (he was quite the fire spinning artist himself) and the colder months working and renting a place.

Something like that, travel half the year, settle the other half, I think would bring me a lot of happiness. But there are things I’d like to do before making the decision to set out for an extended period like getting a car and some personal things as well. So for now I’ll be on here reading y’all’s stories and sort of building the ground work for my own travels. And just wanted to say hi again <3

Much love,
Ristoncor

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads