hearts of concrete

elioayla

Reaction score
I like to feel safe. my pup made me want to seek safety, i didnt want him to be taken away from me, cuz in his big trusting eyes i saw some kinda love i never seen in this life. in that beautiful puppy i saw someone who needed me so i decided i would provide for him. take care of him.

but the serenity of a locked door is faced with the concept that I must maintain a nine to five job. working doing some old thing or another with no skill, and no trade. been traveling since I was 15 and never had a job for more than a few months. cant stand it. cant stand to feel the tile beneath my feet and knowing it used to be a forest. don't have a diploma, a ged or any kind of experience, so all I can possibly do is work some horrible counter job. I cant do it. i cant live with myself being one of them.

today i took a walk near the place i stay at. i have come to know these woods, thought a million times shit i might as well just camp out here. swam in the river and ran with my pup through the trees. watched my pup finally cross the river, getting over his fear. he swam across that river, then he smiled at me and ran, daring me to come and get him.

and now they are bulldozing it, tearing it down. seeing the dead trees and the ruins and wondering when there will be nothing left. those men in those machines seem to feel nothing for their destruction. they seem to feel nothing to cut down these ancient trees that been there long before those fucks were ever born. i cant understand it. and yet i know most people are like them.

their hearts made of concrete. after 6 years of riding, spangein, hitchin, busking, booze and drugs, i got so tired. just wanted to rest, sleep for days. but now i realize....i can never have this life.

a life of servitude to the these machines. nah. it aint me.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads