heading to south america -- anyone down there?? | Squat the Planet

heading to south america -- anyone down there??

siid

Reaction score
im heading to Quito in about a week to work at a circus my boyfriend is performing at but im planning to keep traveling and im pretty much open to going anywhere in SA, but ill be traveling alone which sucks and is kinda boring

is anyone in south america right now or got some friends i could link up with ? Or any cool places i should hit up ? im def goin to peru and chile, but id love some suggestions :)

Reactions: Mankini

Hillbilly Castro

Reaction score
Oh excellent! Yeah I have scoped a ton of places to spend the winter and I very well may head to Quito as well. I found a one way with United from Newark to Quito for $247 and I have $400 worth of free flying vouchers from them. I'm trying to kick it mad cheap, by the ocean, somewhere warm, moving real slow, mostly camping and couchsurfing. I also travel with a foldable bike that I probably will bring. I heard the roads along coastal Ecuador are pretty good so I may do a slow tour down to Peru?

It's certainly one option of many that is on the table for me right now. Do you know many folks down there? I'm also quite bored with solo travel and am ready to ride with some cool folks.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Hey - do a search on here for "Amazon" there was one of our members who posted some great stuff from South America - at that time he had spent 3 years canoeing the amazon. "Sucuri" He last input on here in 2014 - and also unfortunately 2014 was the last time he updated his rather extensive blog. Hope all is well with him.

siid

Reaction score
It's certainly one option of many that is on the table for me right now. Do you know many folks down there? I'm also quite bored with solo travel and am ready to ride with some cool folks.

yasss! i hope you make it down there, ive been talking to some cool folks on couchsurfing that im gonna hang out with but i dont know that theyd be down to continue traveling with me. i have tons of family in chile so ill be heading there eventually.

i got a roundway for $400 from newark , how do you get flying vouchers?

Hey - do a search on here for "Amazon" there was one of our members who posted some great stuff from South America - at that time he had spent 3 years canoeing the amazon. "Sucuri" He last input on here in 2014 - and also unfortunately 2014 was the last time he updated his rather extensive blog. Hope all is well with him.

okay i will sweet thanks a lot!

Hillbilly Castro

Reaction score
Vouchers are pretty cool - you fly a route with a big carrier like United that tends to be overbooked, during heavy traffic seasons like Christmas, and volunteer to be placed on another flight in the event that that flight is overbooked. For doing this, they give you vouchers that are a bit more than what you might have paid for the flight. They might even book you a hotel if your next flight is not til tomorrow. It's great. I got my 400 on a $271 flight from PDX to LGA when both flights were overbooked.
Super sick you got fam in Chile. I'd def be down to roll around down there and check it out. How long are you in Quito? I was thinking of getting down there around the first of October. Are you finding things to be pretty cheap?

siid

Reaction score
woahhh thats awesome! ill be in quito in a week i dont know how long maybe a month yea it seems some things are pretty cheap like the bus and fruit juices haha if you have whatsapp or viber, message me your number so we can hang out if you come thru!

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
My bucket list in S America includes:

The obvious Rio de Janero, Machu Picchu and lake Titicacabut also:

Los torres del plaine
SsHzX2

Mt Roraima
uaLzuk

Huarascan circuit
lqh2TQ

Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta
ZbqvQP

You might wanna check that out :)
(Yes, I love mountains ahah)

siid

Reaction score
You might wanna check that out :)
(Yes, I love mountains ahah)

jaja sweet thanks for the suggestions i love mountains too quito is surrounded my mountains! im just getting antsy and wanna keep traveling and would like someone to travel with jaja traveling alone is not stopping me but would be fun to have someone to go on adventures with :)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads