headaches/ migraines. what to do other than take pills or smoke weed?

BrittanyTheBananarchist

Reaction score
thanks for all the helpful ideas and tricks im going to write them down in a notebook and eventually try all the ones that i havent already and see which ones work for me by elimination :)
this seems to be the best way to know what works and what doesnt for me!
ill post wut works for me as well!
i appreciate all your posts!
thanks!
-Brittany!

dharma bum

anarcho-transcendentalist
Reaction score
i didn't read all of these posts.. but for something free and always available, try tying your bandana around your head (fairly tight). it restricts the blood flow to your brain, in turn, helping your pain. another little home remedy is to put a pencil (or other similar-shaped object... pen, stick, etc.) in your mouth... wide-ways (is that a word?). have it just in your mouth, from one end to the other, but never bite down. clinching your jaw muscles cause headaches too, but while keeping something in your mouth without (not trying to be sarcastic) without biting down reduces the stress on the jaw muscles, relieving tension on your aches.

the caffeine works as well as soleil posted, but not as long. if you have an episode and are not around these things, try what i just told you. i may work for you or it may not. but good luck with the pain.

FigTree

Reaction score
my advice is to STOP TAKING THOSE GODFORSAKEN PILLS!! meditation and deep, slow breathing will cure any migraine, you don't need to pay for a factory produced pill to feel kind of okayish.

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
Gun shot to the head?

Seriously though I was told a while back that an organism is a good way to relive stress and headaches. Although to be honest every time I tried it my headache got worse from the effort it took.

Every time I hear about a natural remedy I'm like if it works so good why did they invent Advil? Same with these natural remedies for colds that take two week...WTF seriously??

moses1o9

Reaction score
I'm all about staying off pills, but if my head feels like someone is driving an icepick through it, you can bet your ass I'm going to find a lortab and some xanax. I just had the worst migraine I've ever had the other day. They seem to crop up once every year or 2, and as long as I catch it before it blows up, I can usually stop it with OTC meds. But I get fucked up and can't talk or see staright when they get bad. This last time I started hallucinating.

Also heard psilocybiin mushrooms can help offset migraine. And, well, I never had one back when I used to do them.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads