hardcase guitar carring made easy..? | Squat the Planet

hardcase guitar carring made easy..?

Puddles

Reaction score
what's the word on making it easier to carry a hardcase and a pack? ideas welcome! so far we have a belt on the handle, but if there is a better way, we'd love to know

adragonfly

Reaction score
definately let me know how that goes. I dont want to be drilling holes into my guitar case just yet, i just got it.

Im trying to think out way the case can be attached to my sack securely. If I find a way that i like ill post it back here. WISH ME LUCK

boucaneer

Reaction score
if you do drill holes in your hardcase, use washers and bolts and a nuts with some webbing straps to connect it all toghether.

ie, place a webbing on top of the hole, make a hole in the webbing. place a washer ontop of said hole, push a bolt through, inside the case place another washer onto the bolt coming through and stick a nut on the end.

you can make strong belt loops and slings/ shoulder straps this way.

burning a hole is better than punching one through.

make two adjustable shoulder straps with the webbing then you can wear the case over you back pack. you might also want to make a belt strap too, all extra long to fit your pack and yourself. if not wearing your pack just make the adjustable straps shorter.

elbowjames

Reaction score
i attached a softpack guitar case to my pack with clip on straps i recycled off another bookbag

it worked really well and i could easily attach it and

Puddles

Reaction score
thanks all. guitar is gone now, so no luck tryin' any ideas, but i'll keep in on mind for the next person.

Rambler

Reaction score
Honestly your best bet is a soft pack with straps, presonally I see banging around a hard case a lot more then a softy on your back.

Trooper

Reaction score
what's the word on making it easier to carry a hardcase and a pack? ideas welcome! so far we have a belt on the handle, but if there is a better way, we'd love to know
There is a product called Backaxe. It turns your hardcase into a wearable backpack with straps. It costs $45 but if you don't want to spend that kind of money or if you don't have any to spend, you can look at the design on the page. Im sure with enough scavenging or small purchases you can create a simple hobo version of it. Hope it helps!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads