*Hamroll to enter stage* | Squat the Planet

*Hamroll to enter stage*

hamroll

Reaction score
Howdy travellers! My name is Han, 19, was lucky enugh to come cross this forum today.

I'm out here without education, no stable income or home, so I'm somewhat free roaming for now. Been getting food and a roof over my head from kind strangers in return of housework and company. Though If it wasn't for covid, I would have fucked off from this country last year.

I was born in Latvia and my family moved around Europe for a while before settling in the UK when I was 8 or 9 years old. It was 5 people living out of an old Ford, eating fresh cod and gas station food. Ever since I've had a crazy itch to get up and leave wherever I am, to get myself back on the road. From then I lived (mostly) comfortaly at home until I was lucky enough to spend a year in Paris when I was 17 and got addicted to wondering around and meeting new people (and alcohol, but we fixed that.). Ever since we left Latvia as a kid, I've had a crazy itch to get up and leave wherever I am, to get myself back on the road.

For the time being I'm looking to explore more of Europe, and ideally find my way to South America next year - so if anyone has tips or suggestions, or wants to get in touch for any reason, my arms are wide open. I surely need to get better at finding modes of transport without money though.

Excited to be part of this community with ya'll!

• Best of Luck!
Reactions: Bibs and Lilly

FawnGone

Reaction score
Welcome,

I love Latvia. Was there for Ligo and Jani Day in 2013 with my ex boyfriend's Latvian family. Very beautiful and wild country.
Good luck on all your travels. South America is on my radar as well, maybe next year. If you make it to the US hit me up, I can link you up with some cool street kid friends of mine closer to your age.

Reactions: hamroll

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
hey @hamroll ! welcome to stp. nice to see some more folks on here from across the pond! if you wouldn't mind spreading the word to folks you meet on the road about StP we'd sure appreciate it :)

i hope to be out your way sometime in 2022, but no set date yet. is there anywhere in europe you plan on heading first?

Bibs

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum hamroll, we're glad to have ya, and good luck out there I hope your travels to south America go well. Be safe and have fun!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads