Guy from MN

Melvin

Reaction score
Hello it is I, Dennis. Perhaps you have seen me on TV.

I'm going tramping this summer to live a life of purpose and adventure and I may never return to "normal" life. I'm sick of spending the best years of my life working for some jerk ( although my current job is pretty cool ). I like rocks. I've always felt a certain attraction to bodies of water, be them still or flowing but i've never seen the ocean. Never seen a mountain either. I want to meet new people and give amusing names to wild animals I meet. I want to be uncomfortable sometimes and I want to get kicked out of a place for being "too dirty". I don't play any instruments but I've been told I have a nice singing voice.... as long as you can get me out of my shell to even use it.

But mostly i want to live and have something to talk about that's worth talking about.

Reactions: Auto

daveycrockett

Reaction score
Hello it is I, Dennis. Perhaps you have seen me on TV.

I'm going tramping this summer to live a life of purpose and adventure and I may never return to "normal" life. I'm sick of spending the best years of my life working for some jerk ( although my current job is pretty cool ). I like rocks. I've always felt a certain attraction to bodies of water, be them still or flowing but i've never seen the ocean. Never seen a mountain either. I want to meet new people and give amusing names to wild animals I meet. I want to be uncomfortable sometimes and I want to get kicked out of a place for being "too dirty". I don't play any instruments but I've been told I have a nice singing voice.... as long as you can get me out of my shell to even use it.

But mostly i want to live and have something to talk about that's worth talking about.[/quote
so youre going to become nomadic?
so youre going to become nomadic? join the club.

Auto

Reaction score
lol, read this when he first posted it, It was obviously a bit awkward, but the "I like rocks" part had me. Some of us are just socially awkard, which is probably the case with him. Best of luck to you in your travels man, welcome to the board.

DisgustinDustin

Reaction score
Folks need to give folks a break once in a while...

I guess I forgot we were all born in to a travelers lifestyle.. We all just shot out of the vag with some cardboard, a skank and a sharpie..

I mean, maybe the guy watched Into The Wild and wants to give it a shot himself..

DisgustinDustin

Reaction score
Just like Dredge fucking with John last night..

Yes, creature is an old man and a little weird and psychotic but The ONLY reasons or times he logs in is to help ppl.. He has been hitching the US since most of us were a twinkle in our fathers eyes.. Very intelligent and totally DIY, bar none..

I'm done.. 7ms, im logging out now... Do yo thaaaang ..

CrypticCosmic

Reaction score
I don't think I know any Dennis' in Mini Soda & I don't have cable so haven't watched TV in years... Are you someone famous who wants to break free from the etertainment biz due to the overwhelming stress and anxiety of paparazzi? Are you related to Nick Shwardson. I fucking LOVE that guy. He's from MiniSoda, are you related? I used to like rocks. Only for a month or so, got off that shit real quick... I also like bodies of water, Oregon has some of the best! There is the coast, (ocean) and their are rivers and creeks and lakes and more rivers & a little hick town called Myrtle Creek right off the i5.. I used to live there, It had a creek.. & crack... and meth.. alot of meth.. do you like meth? if so you should go to mrytle tweek, exit 108 off the i5.. Are you someone famous? Because you had to let us know right off the bat that we might recognize you from the tube.. Reveal your secret? Or maybe you're a car sales man? I used to see car sales man on the tele on commercials.. Is that what youre talking aboot? Well, Dennis the Menice ..... Welcome, go out there and get dirty and smelly and drunk as fuck and get kicked out of walmart cause FUCK walmart those fucking greedy bastards... Also go fly a kite. The weather seems to the extrodaniry! go have a see.... yea go look out side, I'll wait.................................... Ok, have fun quiting your badass job and your "normal" life for the life filled with sex drugs and punk rock... and harasment from the swine & most liely other travelers... Have you ever been to jail, dennis? Or a better question is.. Can you touch your toes..................... I'm drunk and stoned rambling. go fourth on your grand adventure exploring the extra terrific Aumerricah!!! God bless:cool:

Reactions: DisgustinDustin

scatwomb

Reaction score
Dennis.

I suggest you go up to Duluth and take Highway 2 west and deviate at any given opportunity. Stop in Glacier, North Idaho and the North Cascades. You'll have something worth talking about, then.

I'm off to make some pancakes.

Keep us updated, Dennis.

Melvin

Reaction score
Wow. No I'm not really on TV, its just something that I say. I'm a goofy person, deal with it. Since when did people start believing everything a random stranger states on the internet? When I said I liked rocks i was referring to natural stones. Not crack-rocks. Sorry. Its true that I am a bit socially awkward but I think we all are, to a degree. Even the most confident among us surely feel a bit of doubt from time to time. Into the Wild is a fun movie but is not why I am choosing to live such a life. Since I was 10 or so I used to flip through a cabela's catalog and make a list of all the gear I would need to float down the mississippi on a raft. I grew up reading "Swiss Family Robinson" "The Call of the Wild" and "Huckleberry Finn". This is something I've ALWAYS wanted to do and I've been preparing for it for some time now. Thanks to those who chose to be polite and to those who didnt, I hold no grudges. Travel on.
100_0017.JPG

Reactions: ElectroGypsy

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads