Greetings !

cosmic girl

Reaction score
Greetings, travelers of all sorts, colors, stripes, and patterns.

i find myself to be in kansas city MO, and having been existing in poverty for a very long time. Currently, i live at home, with my mom and little brother. (poverty is also Not Helping, with my MTF gender transition. -__- )

After trying to do things on my own for ten years plus, and getting nowhere with regard to my own efforts and endless failed little projects, im kind of desperate for things to go just a little right, for a change. Since i apparently cannot harness and use items to leverage myself into a better position in life, perhaps some form of social network, would work, and meeting people who can do for me, what i apparently cannot do for myself, nor with trying to pursue items, either diy-built or bought.

im not nescisarily looking to become rich, just, not so ever-and-always-out-of-options (and thus, trapped at home, more or less), in full spite of my own efforts. Im also not looking to be immoral or scam at other people's expense. In general, im looking for ways to travel in and around Kansas city, on the cheap.... like, i-don't-even-have-bus-fare cheap.

So ..... please help ?

(also, if you have any other questions about me, feel free to ask.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Craftyfox

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
so just to clarify, you're not looking to leave the KCMO area? otherwise, i'd say there's a lot of seasonal jobs around the country if you're willing/wanting to travel.

nobrains

Reaction score
Website
www.vilecultofshapes.blogspot.com
Welcome to StP space cadet!
I grew up in poverty, frustration, self-destruction, and hopelessness. Once I hit the road and gained some real life experience I discovered that I had never been out of options, that such a thing didn't even exist. It's all about how you perceive your situation. What's holding you back from being yourself, and thus happy? In other words--what are you willing to let go of? Fears, possessions, toxic relationships, unhealthy habits. We tend to pile a lot of baggage onto ourselves that we equate with 'us', but isn't really part of our nature.

cosmic girl

Reaction score
yeah, not looking to leave KCMO right now..... maybe in a year, or three, but for now ? nah, small moves, for now. KC metro area is big enough for one just starting out, i think.

Reactions: nobrains

RoadFlower33

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Reaction score
yeah, not looking to leave KCMO right now..... maybe in a year, or three, but for now ? nah, small moves, for now. KC metro area is big enough for one just starting out, i think.
I would disagree you’re missing out on a lot of opportunity you’re not giving enough opportunity to the rest of the world go out adventure find a place find a job find a place and find a job fuck it just go your small time travel is going to get you small time places you’ll never see any place or do anything get the fuck out

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads