Greetings! I'm new here so I thought I'd say hi. | Squat the Planet

Greetings! I'm new here so I thought I'd say hi.

ManUnified

Reaction score
I thought I would say hi. Ive been kinda nomadic for the past 4 years. I just finished walking 1000 miles on the pct and now I'm off trail and sitting in my car with no money, no job, and no plan. No problem! I thought I might pick up a dirty kid or 2 and make some adventure.

D

Deleted member 25993

awesome...i've always wanted to walk the pct.i did a short section in northern ca years ago near etna..where did you get off the trail?i live a bit closer to the A.T. and have tried a few sections...walking speed is a very good speed to travel.

D

Deleted member 25993

i can't help but think that saying "i might pick up a dirty kid or two and make some adventure" has a slighty creepy undertone...however i will assume you have the best of intentions...and that perhaps you are a "dirty kid" as well.

ManUnified

Reaction score
i can't help but think that saying "i might pick up a dirty kid or two and make some adventure" has a slighty creepy undertone...however i will assume you have the best of intentions...and that perhaps you are a "dirty kid" as well.
That's what a lot of traveler folk and rainbow folk endearingly call themselves "dirty kid" yes I consider myself one. Although most dirty kids are grown adults. Ha!

D

Deleted member 25993

wow thats amazing...i absolutely love the sierra nevadas...and the desert as well...i've got some o.k. gear and i can walk 15-20 miles a day but havn't pushed it much further and usually go on 2-3 day hikes.i've got a wonky shoulder but i bought a nice bag,pad,stove....but havnt dropped dough on a nice tent yet.i was just tarp camping on the A.T. in vermont last summer and got bit by ticks so i kinda want a tent now.looking at a nemo perhaps

D

Deleted member 25993

ive always liked the term traveling kids.and i still call friends that even know we are adults.but still kids at heart...forever.i've heard the term dirty kids in the last few years but if its a positive then heck yeah...your dirty and you like travelling...or perhaps its a statement against society because being dirty kind of is...in this clean ass world.your traveling and get on a subway and people freak out and start spraying perfume.yuck!its a war of smells.but fuck em you got a right to smell like you want wherever you want.the term oogle is apperently negative..thats what we used to call teenagers who hung out at the mall and dressed up like punks...posers basically.all the train kids i met in my early days were solid for the most part.there started being more shit heads and i noticed people became weary to bring travellers home after some of the shit storms came through...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads