Greetings from the leper colony | Squat the Planet

Greetings from the leper colony

Avani

Reaction score
Hiya, I'm Avani currently living in regional Victoria, Australia aka the leper colony (most Australian state borders have been closed to Victoria recently due to the 'Rona). This year has been one hella rollacoaster of a collective kinda existential crisis. Counting my blessings that I am in the country so didn't have to adhere to 23 hour house arrest and 5km radius restrictions that city folx had to cope with, slowly restrictions have eased with the border re-opening on November 23rd. Mars is still retrograde (hella implusive time), so sitting back and weighing up my options seems to be key. Have been in Victoria since May last year after spending a few months in the Northern Rivers Region, I miss the natural beauty of the area and the beautiful friends I've met over the years there but as a mate said 'mullumbimby is a business, not a community', it's the new Sydney, full of what I consider the dirtiest form of capitalism- spirituality and enlightenment for just 4 easy payments of $200 a fortnight..so the plan is FNQ, a place where there's coconut trees on the beach, mangoes growing wild by the side of the road and a punk scene similar to that of Hobart. There's a big sailing community in Queensland so that's a goal of mine- a kinda sharehouse on a boat would be the ultimate goal, living minimal, sharing stories and resources. Having a bike to ride off into the horizon for a while to bush squat, then riding back on board to sail away. Idk, might as well dream big, even if I fall short, it's still a lesser fall than a goal of a 9-5 slave wage. Anyways, I think the internet of the future will probably be mostly audio and visual. I'm anxious that my intro could go anyway/anywhere due to the lack of vocal tone variation. Argh. Morse code communication? Beep beep....

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Reaction score
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
Fuck yeah, welcome! That's rad you've got some vaguely specific goals, all sounds pretty rad to me

Have you already scoped the scene in FNQ? Sounds sick, I've never spent much time up there, just passed thru (FNQ = Far North Queensland for all non-Oz folks)

Theres not heaps of Aussies on here (I'm American myself) but definitely a handful of American boat punks as of late so maybe you can bounce some ideas off of them!

Avani

Reaction score
Fuck yeah, welcome! That's rad you've got some vaguely specific goals, all sounds pretty rad to me

Have you already scoped the scene in FNQ? Sounds sick, I've never spent much time up there, just passed thru (FNQ = Far North Queensland for all non-Oz folks)

Theres not heaps of Aussies on here (I'm American myself) but definitely a handful of American boat punks as of late so maybe you can bounce some ideas off of them!
Cheers Koala,
I can't help but read your words with an assumed Aussie accent despite you being American lol.
Will definitely check out the boat punks on here.
I gots such itchy feet right now, my mantra being 'nature loves courage' (Terence McKenna) right now..do you reckon you'll get back to Australia one day?
I have a couple of kids (my first born's nickname is koala too) so it takes a lot of the spontaneity outta travel but I have a few mates up there & my son's dad used to live up there with plans to return & get a boat. The Daintree looks like pure magic.

Reactions: Koala

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads