Greetings from a mildly seasoned traveler

raleighthecyborg

Reaction score
Greetings! I'm Raleigh, or Ra. Whichever rolls off your tongue easier. This last summer I worked as a volunteer for a non-profit organization in Belgium, and I got to do a little bit of European travel (I got to tick off 5 countries: Belgium, France, Germany, Luxembourg, and England). Unfortunately, I had a lot of time and money restraints over there. I've done a lot of travel with my family, too. I'm realizing I really don't want to be another piece of society's puzzle. I want to be free to be my own shape and find my own fit -- Even if that means I have to break out and find a different puzzle entirely.

I kind-of-accidentally found this site, and well... What the hell, here I am, and we'll see where this leads me. I'm eager to learn more, and maybe someday I'll break out of this cage and hop a few trains.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Welcome to STP, mildly seasoned traveler :) And even though you were under constraints in the UK - you must have seen a lot in your 5 country travels! You've fallen into a wealth of information here - go read some of the stories here and other items in the subforums. Something to really pique your traveling interest - head into the urban exploration - some great stuff in there - I personally enjoy finding the abandoned stuff. :)

raleighthecyborg

Reaction score
Welcome to STP, mildly seasoned traveler :) And even though you were under constraints in the UK - you must have seen a lot in your 5 country travels! You've fallen into a wealth of information here - go read some of the stories here and other items in the subforums. Something to really pique your traveling interest - head into the urban exploration - some great stuff in there - I personally enjoy finding the abandoned stuff. :)
Thank you! I was really excited to find this forum! There's an incredible variety of resources from other travelers and I love how people share links from other sources as well. So I'm sure I'll paddle around and poke my nose into as many things as possible around here -- For the sake of learning! And I'll have to check out that subforum, it sounds interesting!

D

Deleted member 14481

Welcome! I'm new here as well, and I would say I'm an amatuer traveler, but a traveler none-the-less! I'm currently in the northeast of the USA, looking for a travel partner to help me with some things I've yet to do in my travels.

Maybe we'll cross paths!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads