Photos Graffitti on Abandoned(ish) River Boat

Ristoncor

Reaction score
With everybody gone to my aunt's or work, I picked up a can of yellow Rustoleum and decided to spray some messages on the underside of an abandoned (I think) river boat up in one of the new developments near where I live. I know you shouldn't do this during the day, but the boat was in a clearing and protected from some sides by woods, so I figured, what the hell. I packed my bag with a few dollars, a pair of gloves, a t-shirt, some weed, the spray can, and my phone. And after taking a few sips of gin (I say sips because I forgot how much alcohol actually burns) that doing this drunk might not be the best thing to do.

I biked up to the supermarket and bought a huge bottle of water of 59 cents and two bags of gummi bears, then walked up to the river boat. I think it used to be a tour boat of some sort, up on the South River (that's what the life jackets still in there said). I've driven by it a few times and I think it's either abandoned or something, because I've lived here since I was born and I don't think there have ever been South River boat rides. I was originally going to spray the side of the boat, but it was in a clearing where passing cars could see both sides of the boat. There weren't too many cars going by, maybe like two every few minutes, but I didn't want to spend my time being paranoid. I went under the boat (which was on a wood platform) and started spraying. I ended up with three "messages" in all. There was a sign on the back of the boat that said "No Wake" which I was going to spray over to say "No Weed" but the sign was too high up (the platform made the sides high enough to begin with).

At one point, some guy walking saw me under the boat but just gave me a funny look (he probably though I was drinking - there was an empty wine bottle where I was), and when I was walking back to my bike, he saw me again as we passed each other on the street. I almost burst out laughing from the look he gave me. I was going to light up under the boat, but at that point, my right hand was covered in yellow paint (I brought gloves but decided not to wear them)

The stuff I wrote isn't great, obviously, but here it is. (The last picture isn't mine, but I thought it was interesting).
20140806_122116.jpg

This one says "El mundo es nuestro" which means "The world is ours" in Spanish

20140806_122615.jpg

A little bit of site-plugging
20140806_121302.jpg

The beginning of the word "resistance". I wanted to get a full shot of it, but the boat had about four hulls so I couldn't get a nice landscape of it.
20140806_124204.jpg

"Wander" signed onto this electrical box. Not mine, but it looks awesome and it's appropriately STP-related.

So, in sum, something a little stupid but fun. I guess there'll be a few new members to STP if they ever decide to start up river tours again.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
20140806_122615-jpg.jpg

A little bit of site-plugging

shit. now i gotta buy that domain name.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads