gps geo-cache(cha cha cha)

kidbob

Reaction score
so i have come across several geo caches near train tracks,usually sponsered by locals for some race or treasure hunt but i was wondering,i dont know how many techno savy travelers out there carry gps or have a phone and a laptop but google is now offering internet geocache up to 2 gigs which means simply by being at a location i could potentally download the crew change for west bound csx......if trainrider "a" was so kind as to upload its info and put a passy on it that was spread only by word of mouth.and bam instant secret messaging club,usefull shit could slip between hands with out anybody knowing simply by being in close proximity to where trainrider "a" stood while uploading the file.also these physical geocaches that i formentioned,why dont we stash shit near these,having gps cordinates spread by word and shared amongst breathren,for instants squat locations or easy dumpster scores,why not use the technology for our own dismantling?

kidbob

Reaction score
well im sure theres gonna be some unspoken rules of course,and it would rely on the old code which seams inexistant except in a few minds,and i was really just intending to spark the imagination,it would be nice for a fellow traveler to exchange some gips points and some kind words,for instance,while waiting trackside u come up with this awsome drum beat or guitar riff and anothr traveler adds to it,and so on, till sombody has the gift to produce and then they contribute,or the geo cache could just be gips points of fellow travelers experiances,letting ppl on the rails know what happened here and when.or hundreds of other applications,hell i could get some pounds dropped off and u go get em and money else where fuck i dont know,just wondering why ppl dont abuse mainstream shit,i mean we already ride the rails,and most of us know how to navigate without a gps,i can get pretty close to a location just by orieanteering so to exchange coords and simply use a device to find it,that would be awsome, maybe u built a whole shanty town for u and ur friends and nobody can find it,but u want so and so too be able to....well...use the gips

K

kokomojoe

Yeah, I guess I only trust technology to a certain degree, always paranoid that big brother's watching. Regardless of that, it does sound pretty fucking awesome.

kidbob

Reaction score
well what im saying is we all should learn to be like the millitary,they use lat and long in order to verify a target.u dont need a device in order to figure that out, a compas and a farily detailed map will get u within a general area where written form or signals and signs could be traced. and a crew change is mythical we all know the situation,unless u got a one lol....but its similar to what i have in mind.u combine say a "cc" with some co-ords.and u got a functioning underground railroad my friend,one they cant stop.as long as their is a starting and stoping point for them trains we gonna get on em hell most of us know how many lug nuts it takes to prove ur cookoo......so they aint gotta stop just creep.....but back on track...hehehe.. track...
tracks crack man ok.....
im just saying we should step our game up,and get technical.it aint gotta be complexed.(k.i.s.s)
pirates frontiersman navigationalist survivalist can all give a rough general idea where they are located.save those locations and distribute

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads