Goonies :/?

Total goober

Reaction score
Hey whaddup everybody! So pretty much I'm originally from the Tacoma wa area, did some homebummin, did some traveling, came back got strung out and do more home bummin, get clean go travel yada yada rinse repeat... But anyways I came out to Astoria OR this summer to do some herb growin and stabilize a bit( got as far as attending school for a month and rooming in a mobile with a dude 15 miles N of town) anyways long story short I go downtown get drunk and miss my bus, no worries it's the beggining of September and I know how to find a squat. Well turns out I don't, what I thought was a shitty run down house turns out to be a hip lil store being remodeled (check all windows kids) Alarm goes off and I split, proceed to count my lucky stars and moolah to get some more beers and chill at the river walk, everything gets hazey pass out, cop wakes me up to move it. So naturally I start lurking for a spot find a nice roof, pass out, get wokin up by a loudspeaker and 2 squad cars. Turns out this is the same fucking store. And finally to cut a dumb story off I get charged with a burg 2.

So I'm stuck here for a good bit on probation, wondering if there's any cool peeps out in the area or if any of you got any good advice from starting ground up with supervised probation in a new town?

Reactions: wizehop and Odin
K

kokomojoe

Damn dude that sounds like one hell of a time. At least you're in an area where it should be fairly easy to find some cool people. After all the stupid stuff that's happened to me after drinking I've just had to admit that if I keep it up I'll just end up dead or in jail for who knows what.

Total goober

Reaction score
Damn dude that sounds like one hell of a time. At least you're in an area where it should be fairly easy to find some cool people. After all the stupid stuff that's happened to me after drinking I've just had to admit that if I keep it up I'll just end up dead or in jail for who knows what.
Most definitely, I've been coming to realize that I'm my own worst enemy lol I somehow managed to fuck up school, my living situation and my cushy hustle but its all good I've been here before. And rock bottoms a pretty solid foundation to build your life off of

Total goober

Reaction score
that sucks man. I got drunk there and slept in the woods behind the hospital. Not very flat or comfy but I made it work. After that my friends and I found an abando almost across the street from a gas station (somewhere between the hospital and safeway I believe). It was covered in bum trash and tweaker graffiti. This was in august. Wonder if thats the same place you're talking about?
Hahaha not quite the same place but I feel like I might know what your talking about, dude there is so many sketchy tweaker types down here, I can't sit at a bus stop or drink a beer without some dude tryna figure out if I use and have pitch (I quit all that recently so it gets aggravating).

sandpaper cowboy

the fool
Reaction score
Hahaha not quite the same place but I feel like I might know what your talking about, dude there is so many sketchy tweaker types down here, I can't sit at a bus stop or drink a beer without some dude tryna figure out if I use and have pitch (I quit all that recently so it gets aggravating).

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Total goober
K

kokomojoe

Most definitely, I've been coming to realize that I'm my own worst enemy lol I somehow managed to fuck up school, my living situation and my cushy hustle but its all good I've been here before. And rock bottoms a pretty solid foundation to build your life off of

Yeah that's the thing, it's like I had to ask myself how many times am I going to hit rock bottom til I just quit and make a change. I won't go into too much detail but yeah I'm definitely trying/need to quit for real this time.

When I was in Portland there were lots of tweakers, can't say I've stopped in many other cities in Oregon though, just passed through. It's such a cool state with beautiful scenery and it sucks the amount of meth that's around there. This one chick I know is hitching/homebumming around there right now and she said it was everywhere. She got spun out for a good while and I don't know if she got away from it or not. That goes for a lot of the west coast though. You can meet a lot of cool travelers but I saw some that basically just ended up becoming addicts. I guess that was more so in San Fran than Portland.

Total goober

Reaction score
yea, I saw quite a few tweakers when I was there. Not as much as I saw elsewhere in Oregon, but they're around for sure.

If you find that house it's certainly good for a nite out of the rain, maybe two. I wouldn't push it passed that though. I know the cops check on it from time to time.. You'll know you're in the right place because there's a shit ton of antique radios in it.

Also, I remember the bum feed there being pretty good. It was run by some really nice people. Not sure if they're doing it anymore, but that was in a park by the river, right next to the big music/record shop.
I'll prob give it a peak, I checked out the hostel here and the one in Warrington too for some work for room and board but Nada the winter season cut out all the business so nobody's hiring for that, also doesn't help I have to use my booking papers as ID ( fun fact: some bars accept booking and release papers as valid ID/ so do temp agencies). But if your crimes are real tabboo they'll tell ya to fuck off

Total goober

Reaction score
Yeah that's the thing, it's like I had to ask myself how many times am I going to hit rock bottom til I just quit and make a change. I won't go into too much detail but yeah I'm definitely trying/need to quit for real this time.

When I was in Portland there were lots of tweakers, can't say I've stopped in many other cities in Oregon though, just passed through. It's such a cool state with beautiful scenery and it sucks the amount of meth that's around there. This one chick I know is hitching/homebumming around there right now and she said it was everywhere. She got spun out for a good while and I don't know if she got away from it or not. That goes for a lot of the west coast though. You can meet a lot of cool travelers but I saw some that basically just ended up becoming addicts. I guess that was more so in San Fran than Portland.
Most def dude, it gets rough having go thru the cycles. I hope your friend made it out, but at least she has the knowledge of hitching, its a lot easier to quit when you ain't afraid to dip town. I feel bad for some of these dudes out here, they can't grasp the concept that there more out there than this little coastal town. Doomed to just be complacent here suckin the devils dick. On a lighter not I bet your girls doin 10000% better than these cats walk-in in circles downtown, I've been wandering getting applications all week and haven't seen any traveling types downtown.

K

kokomojoe

Most def dude, it gets rough having go thru the cycles. I hope your friend made it out, but at least she has the knowledge of hitching, its a lot easier to quit when you ain't afraid to dip town. I feel bad for some of these dudes out here, they can't grasp the concept that there more out there than this little coastal town. Doomed to just be complacent here suckin the devils dick. On a lighter not I bet your girls doin 10000% better than these cats walk-in in circles downtown, I've been wandering getting applications all week and haven't seen any traveling types downtown.
Yeah that's the thing though, she's still there as far as I know. Just going to towns around the state and just bein a homebum

Total goober

Reaction score
Long Beach is not bad, just north of Astoria. Lots of woods for camping and lots of churches that will most likley hook you up with some food and cloths.
Fersurr, I've hit up some food banks there before, I got foodstamps so I'm not to being worried about food. More or less just gotta find an address someone will let me use cuz my PO said he gonna start enforcing the stipulation that I have to have a residence next month. Who knew you can go to jail for being homeless?? (Sarcasm) lol. Thx for the advice tho dude

Fatboy

Reaction score
Well what you can do if you have access to the internet is go on facebook and join Goonieville and Chinookville these are the local classified type sites for the area, you can put out feelers for housing and what not on there, much better than craigslist at least in our area.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads