Goodbye Flagstaff, hello World!

ko0oyotl

Reaction score
Functional perimeters vary from manifestation to m
Proof that I'm crazy is that I keep spending the winter in Flagstaff, AZ. Now that I'm not working, have emptied my storage unit, and have escaped that town at least for the time being, I've got some adventuring to do! Started off by coming to Tucson AZ because the route between here and Flag is the only one I've ever hitch hiked before. This has been good for building my confidence, testing and revamping my backpack/pockets/guitar case set up, and falling in hate with some of the heavy things I packed only to give away. In a day or two I'm getting back on the road heading east, probably on I-40 and 81, ultimately trying to get to New Hampshire in less than a month and see what I can see and who I can meet along the way.

My skills I'll be applying on this trip include eating out of the trash, sleeping in weird places, playing guitar (still getting used to busking), sewing, and being me, which is usually a lot of fun. Mostly I'm just following my gut, following my nose, and figuring things out as I go along, my favorite way to live.

ko0oyotl

Reaction score
Functional perimeters vary from manifestation to m
What part of MT have you been to? After spending about the first 8 years of my life in Northern California, I spent the next 8 about 30 miles from a little town called Libby where I went to school and my parents worked. Beautiful environment up there, but I never really learned to get along with people til we moved to Flagstaff!

Jimmy James

Reaction score
Been up in MT off and on for the last 15 years. MT and AZ are the only two places I find I can settle down in for a time. I have been all over the west. Do not like the midwest or back east. Not real fond of Cali, either. I can stand it for a short time, but after about a month it begins to annoy me. Especially the cops there.

Been all over MT. I live down in the Bozone right now...Right across from the railroad tracks about a mile north of the yard. Libbys O.K., some weird hillbillys up there who have some kind of militia thing going on- Definitely not the friendliest place. Beautiful country, not quite as nice as where I live tho. AZ rocks. AZ and MT have always been my favorite. (Except Phoenix, Billings and Great Falls, they suck.)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads