Gofundme for Coloring Book Trip

awkwardshelby

Reaction score
Website
shelbycriswell.com
I've been doing this project recently where I'm making coloring book pages and I hope to get back on the road for inspiration, so any help would be appreciated, even a simple share on any of your sites.

tumblr_o2yxermtDV1qcqu8uo1_1280.png

I hope to meet some of you rad people and put your stories and selves into these pages. I know we're all poor here for the most part but any contribution, even a dollar will go toward the next destination, food, some camping, and printing costs of the books.

tumblr_o3fe5mFvJ01qcqu8uo1_500.png

Here is a link to the gofundme page where you can read more.

O

outlawloose

Wow thanks. Im going through your website now and loving every bit of it :) :)
Im also working on a long comic series of my current travels. I'd love to talk about your work and share ideas somehow. Let me kno.
I just passed thru NM a few weeks back, poor timing. Hopefully well cross paths soon

awkwardshelby

Reaction score
Website
shelbycriswell.com
Thanks friend!

Wow thanks. Im going through your website now and loving every bit of it :) :)
Im also working on a long comic series of my current travels. I'd love to talk about your work and share ideas somehow. Let me kno.
I just passed thru NM a few weeks back, poor timing. Hopefully well cross paths soon

Dang, that is poor timing but I'm sure we'll meet up eventually. I'd definitely love to shoot the shit and talk comix. Maybe even collaborate a little.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i am brokey mcbrokerson after buying this bus (i had to borrow gas money so i can get it back to austin) but i think your stuff is great, and i'd love to kick some dollars over on my next paycheck!

awkwardshelby

Reaction score
Website
shelbycriswell.com
i am brokey mcbrokerson after buying this bus (i had to borrow gas money so i can get it back to austin) but i think your stuff is great, and i'd love to kick some dollars over on my next paycheck!
I am literally in the same boat, but no worries on cash! Even just good intentions wanting to support it should be enough good karma.

K

Kim Chee

Dude, @awkwardshelby, if I had connections I'd put you in touch with somebody. Are you able to market your skills?

I think there is demand for what you have, but are simply unknown right now. Don't let that discourage you, your work rocks!

awkwardshelby

Reaction score
Website
shelbycriswell.com
Dude, @awkwardshelby, if I had connections I'd put you in touch with somebody. Are you able to market your skills?

I think there is demand for what you have, but are simply unknown right now. Don't let that discourage you, your work rocks!

I'm able to market a little bit, I think I just need to find the right outlet as far as people goes. Otherwise, I post all over the internet, but I think just the right few people need to look at it.

Thanks a ton!!

O

outlawloose

Instagram is definitely the #1 spot to get your work seen right now. Start following everyone in your feild of illy + animation + comix, build networks. It takes time but youll get a solid following in return.

awkwardshelby

Reaction score
Website
shelbycriswell.com
Instagram is definitely the #1 spot to get your work seen right now. Start following everyone in your feild of illy + animation + comix, build networks. It takes time but youll get a solid following in return.
I've been doing that for years with tumblr but I've been noticing recently that Instagram is the way to go in terms of getting a big following. I need to just start tagging my stuff on there.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
yeah, even the dumbest stuff i post on instagram gets like 20+ likes, which is a lot more than i can say for tumblr....

awkwardshelby

Reaction score
Website
shelbycriswell.com
yeah, even the dumbest stuff i post on instagram gets like 20+ likes, which is a lot more than i can say for tumblr....

I have over 3,000 followers on tumblr because of some stickers I posted a year ago that got over 100,000 notes but it seems like I get more input on my art and messages on instagram than tumblr. Life is weird. Social media is weird.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads