Give me some meaningful mail

RovingAnarchist

Reaction score
Lol.. In one of your earlier posts, you used the term lumpenproletariat. The first thing I thought was that I would never in a million years use that term anywhere near anyone without a heavy duty liberal arts education. "Lumpen? Who you callin' fat?!"

RovingAnarchist

Reaction score
Awesome! A good friend of mine was born and raised in SF. Last year she was forced to move away from the city she loves because she flat out couldn't afford to live there any more. That shit ain't right.

Reactions: Mankini

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I love that city more than any other in this hemisphere. :)...I think anybody who sees it falls in love with it. I haven't been up to Quebec City yet; though....Heard good things about it.

RovingAnarchist

Reaction score
Everyone's super nice when they think you're a tourist. Once they figure out you live there, they're absolutely mean. I was working really hard to improve my French, and they wouldn't even speak to me except to condescend in broken English. Yuck.

Reactions: Mankini

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
Its weird how uptight people seem to congregate in certain communities. Or maybe when you first get there youre not uptight, but the community changes you into a jerk. ??? I went from Colorado to WV a year ago to work: people in that part of WV were antisocial and suspicious....However a couple hundred miles away at Harpers Ferry, everybody was fun and cool. ???

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
I have a bad habit of exploring old basements and attics. QC, I guess, is upwards of 300 yrs old....Imagine the possibilities. >:) .....I'm a huge museum buff/history nerd. I love poking through the detritus of the centuries; finding old books; photos; stuff. I heard the Irish were quarantined at an island camp in Montreal when they all emigrated during the Potato Famine...

Reactions: RovingAnarchist

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads