Getting out of pittsburgh

ThatGuy

Reaction score
Hey guys my names chris. Im from pennsylvania and i recently started traveling. Today actually . Im 18 and i just got out of a halfway house in pittsburgh. Im trying to travel, hitch hike, hop trains. Whatever. I just want to see the world and experience everything.

Right now im stuck at a coffee shop in pittsburgh on a itouch with just the clothes on my back, a back pack, and alittle bit of k2 fake marijuana and a bowl. Haha. Anyway, im waiting until tomorrow morning for my paycheck so i can catch a train back to lancaster, pa.

If anyone has any pointers on starting out traveling or any suggestions i'd greatly appriciate it. Ill probably be stuck in downtown pittsburgh for at least tonight.. Maybe tomorrow. I've slept outside before but not in the city..

Thanks guys.

Margarita

Sunset Follower
Reaction score
Well.. I recommend not staying in downtown, you're gonna have to compete with homebums for sleeping spots. South side pittsburgh is where I found semi-chill people, but stay away from the train tracks there because that's where "they'll crack open your skull for a five dollar bill" according to the locals I met.
If you can get onto the other side of the Fort Pitt Bridge hitching west is always a good option. :)
For now I recommend you do some research.. there are tons of resources on this website and others like it. If you want to use a computer instead of your iphone, the downtown Pittsburgh library is friendly to travellers... I was able to get a "guest login" to use the internet there, and you get several hours your first day.

Edit: I forgot though, I'm from out of state... they may not let you use internet on a guest login unless you have an out-of-state ID. Either way it's worth checking out if you want.

bryanpaul

Reaction score

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads