Fuel-less home | Squat the Planet

Fuel-less home

hazeinmybong

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I quit driving in October 2009 after a DUI. This was the first time I had a gun pulled on me and I was being as cooperative as I think I have to be. So, I decided to quit driving.

I am pretty sure I can get Trek to finance me on a tandem I am REALLY in love with. Seriously, I drink 211, eat mushrooms, and read from my journal of painful memories trying to erase the good memories I have of this bike, like in "The Butterfly Effect."

The thing is, I already have a bike. The tandem/utility is like $6000 and I kind of think about having Trek as some sort of sponsor in the future. I actually did canvasing in Waukesha, WI for Mary Burke for her gubernatorial bid in the recall election.

So, I want someone who is considering to also go fuel-less to finance a nice bicycle for themselves in the same household. You really do need to experience the performance of a carbon fiber bicycle. Going from 18.5mph to 21mph is more than 13.5% improvement in performance.

Anyway, help me out,
Thanks,
Tyler

D

Deleted member 2626

Wow. I’d quit drinking 211 immediately first off. I lived over a year without a personal vehicle. Using a family car again. But a good bike is nice yes. But personally I’m okay with one that works for me from a thrift store.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
@hazeinmybong you are one of the most confusing posters I have ever seen on this website...

I am taking it that you are looking for someone else with the same idea to move into a house with you and finance a bike for themselves to create a fuel free household?

Will the household have gas or electricity? Because those both need fuel to accomplish. Unless you have solar and wood.

hazeinmybong

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
The idea is to get a credit card as a way to improve credit rather than to purchase a car note. I was kind of trying to sell someone on a bike and split the costs on an apartment.

Now, I think I will hack my current bike into a tandem/cargo and get a credit card for a new daily rider. My bike is a 2006 Trek 5000. I think I can do some additive paper-mache construction and make it into a tandem like the Hase Pino. I've used West-Systems epoxy before, and I've seen woven carbon fiber on amazon. This was supposed to be a housing thread though and this is is becoming a bike thread.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads