Fuck flagstaff

ElNayshon

Reaction score
Iv been coming and going northern Arizona/Flagstaff for the last 8 years at least and never had such a shit time. I have tried going to the day labor spot here for the last 5 days at 5am and wait in a room of 20 other people for hours and hours on end without getting called for work. No jobs because the wage is 17.50 an hour. Everything is expensive as shit and there's no work here. Never going back. I have never been fucked over on so many job opportunities in my life. People never keep there word. They have big signs out front that says JOBS AVAILABLE but you go there and spend 20+ hours just sitting there feels like a fuckin penintentuary.
e

ElNayshon

Reaction score
dude iv tried everything for work its never been this bad I always got a job at grand canyon page or Sedona quick as shit. Now its been like 2 weeks cant get any work, I have had 3 different people claiming to have different jobs and someone everyone of them fell through. People don't keep there word anymore Iv noticed this trend sense the pandemic. Shit has gotten a lot worse and so hard to travel last few years just getting tired of it. /rant

bazarov

Reaction score
dude iv tried everything for work its never been this bad I always got a job at grand canyon page or Sedona quick as shit. Now its been like 2 weeks cant get any work, I have had 3 different people claiming to have different jobs and someone everyone of them fell through. People don't keep there word anymore Iv noticed this trend sense the pandemic. Shit has gotten a lot worse and so hard to travel last few years just getting tired of it. /rant

Yep seen the same shit. Have totally abandoned the society/urban component of my travels because it's just a gaping "spiritual" sinkhole.

ElNayshon

Reaction score
Probably for the best. I have a shitty feeling we are on verge of collapse they ran the economy to shit by design
Yep seen the same shit. Have totally abandoned the society/urban component of my travels because it's just a gaping "spiritual" sinkhole.

Yep seen the same shit. Have totally abandoned the society/urban component of my travels because it's just a gaping "spiritual" sin

Reactions: MichelleA66

Groundscore

Reaction score
Ignore those now hiring signs; they usually are either jobs that no one wants (for good reason), or just BS to get someone who is over-qualified, while they reject 99% of applicants.

Flagstaff is known for cracking down on people living in vehicles, panhandling, and just about anything else. It's not what it used to be.
My suggestion is head to the tourist zones for work, or where there is construction, depending on what you are looking for. Both make for quick places to get a job, and many places you can get on fast without a bunch of red tape.

Sameer

Reaction score
Probably for the best. I have a shitty feeling we are on verge of collapse they ran the economy to shit by design

YES! BY DESIGN!
This is so sad because Flagstaff used to be paradise. Every summer for a decade.... It was absolute Paradise.

WanderLost

Reaction score
One thing you could do is go to a town where alot of house flipping is going on and fly a work sign at home depot, and post an ad on craigslist in the resumes section. You could get under the table work.

To find out where all the hotspots in the country are you just go to a site like Redfin or Propwire and use the search filters. Lots of videos on YouTube for how to do this and there's tons of unique search filters on Propwire.

sevedemanos

Reaction score

yep. multiple occasions was offered work/more work and one gets the impression that many of them think it funny to waste a dude with a backpacks time.

over the last year and a half i can count the number of these instances on two hands

but i can also those when they were truthful and paid me. so all depends on the region i suppose

good to know about flagstaff. only ever blown by it. didnt look that great. not a fan of arizona in general anyway. unless its Raising Arizona.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Iv been coming and going northern Arizona/Flagstaff for the last 8 years at least and never had such a shit time. I have tried going to the day labor spot here for the last 5 days at 5am and wait in a room of 20 other people for hours and hours on end without getting called for work. No jobs because the wage is 17.50 an hour. Everything is expensive as shit and there's no work here. Never going back. I have never been fucked over on so many job opportunities in my life. People never keep there word. They have big signs out front that says JOBS AVAILABLE but you go there and spend 20+ hours just sitting there feels like a fuckin penintentuary.
e

Flagstaff local here. Flagstaff has always been like that, even before wage increases. Most people that go to day labor have some kind of advanced roofing/siding/concrete/heavy machinery experience. None of the rest of us have a chance.

It's not the town I grew up in, and I also avoid it like the plague. I bet the fly there is ass right now too.

Day labor everywhere right now is ass. "Booming economy" is fucking bullshit. Don't fall for that propaganda for a second. I'm in the PNW and it's the exact same way here too.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
One thing you could do is go to a town where alot of house flipping is going on and fly a work sign at home depot, and post an ad on craigslist in the resumes section. You could get under the table work.

To find out where all the hotspots in the country are you just go to a site like Redfin or Propwire and use the search filters. Lots of videos on YouTube for how to do this and there's tons of unique search filters on Propwire.

I'm in one of those areas, and the work still ass. Bend, OR.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads