From Ohio with love. No, no love for Ohio | Squat the Planet

From Ohio with love. No, no love for Ohio

leewithabass

Reaction score
Y'alright everyone, been doing a bit of reading and finally decided to join this delightful community.

I'm Lee. Originally from Liverpool, UK. Bass player, artist and sometimes ukulele pretender. I left the UK in 2012 for something new, just felt like it was needed. Had the pleasure of living in the US on and off (between the UK, but mostly the US). For the majority of the 6 years, I've had the absolute pleasure of living in the Ohio-of-woe, not far from Columbus. I've known that this place is not the conducive environment I've needed but for one reason or another being here long term happened. The living situation and the place is a long term blah motivation sinkhole pipe.
I suppose you could say it has all worked out perfectly though, I had a job for a bit, usually after 3 months though I begin to struggle with this 8 hour shift thing and my attendance begins to suffer, my mind gets tired and nothing functions and then eventually, I don't work there anymore.
This recently occurred only one fine week ago, so should be good for a bit with the petrol and a clearer mind.

So I'm hoping to head out the end of this week, got the car to use from the girlfriend, I think she understands this place is ending me slowly. The bass will travel with me to write, tempted to bring the ukulele to busk in case of valuable paper needs, still an option. West made me feel good when I went out that way for a bit last year, but hey... it's all open unless there are orange barrels there. So, if anyone fancies a sit off that'd be quality, or having a jam! Which would be fuckin' top quality.

Nice one, hope everyone is doing good.
In a bit!

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
Hi!

Welcome to StP.

I'm from Germany, traveled mostly in UK, though. Was only once in Liverpool (coming through while on my way to Ireland). Found it quite nice. Later I spent most of the time in the South West (esp Bristol), but also lived for some months in London and Manchester.

Looking forward to go back to UK soon (US is not an option at the moment)

train in vain

Reaction score
I stayed a day in columbus and it seemed fine..but everyone ive met who has been to or is from ohio makes it seem like the most useless black hole of a state no matter what part you go to haha...i kinda like that

Axiom

Reaction score
Columbus Ohio was a very youth friendly city up till about 10 years ago.. all the 24 hour spots dried up and shut down. The Economy has also dried up which is why we complain about it being a shitty place to live. We are the only state that's round on both ends and HI in the middle.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads