french foreign legion

K

Kim Chee

I did not join, but looked into it awhile back:

You will need to go to France at your own cost and basically surrender your passport. The pay sucks, you get full French citizenship after 5 years service (at least that is how it used to work). You will need to be in very good shape.

Let me see if I can dig up that website...

btw: France has interests (and security needs) in several countries. There is a need for legionnaires (even without isis).

Mongo

Reaction score
so thinking of joining the french foreign legion i was wondering if any one on here had ever joined tryed to join and advice they might have.... it seems like the perfect time considering the isis attacks in paris last night....

If you are looking to join because of emotional reasons because of the attack I wouldn't do it because it's just as much bull as joining the marines because of 9/11.

If you want French citizenship you're' in for a long haul.

Otherwise what are your reasons for wanting to join?

Art101

Reaction score
I actually seriously looked at this.To the point of talking to the French consulate.The mystique factor is def.high.Its brutal and they are used for Frances dirty work.Still if I was younger I would do it.

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Its great!! Make sure you're in great shape, with no medical problems. Have reasons why you're committed when you're interviewed. Even if you aren't selected you'll have a wonderful opportunity to explore the cote d'azure and Provence.

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Its a great organization, with a lot of good men. Make sure you tell them you want to attend officers school asap. And learn "le boudin" and "kepi blanc" now!! People will b impressed.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads