First time vagabonder looking to meet others | Squat the Planet

First time vagabonder looking to meet others

HowlingTao2000

Reaction score
I’m bored and I’m not getting any younger! I’m drawn to the allure of the vagabonding lifestyle. I had a girl a long time ago, a hippie girl. After we stopped talking, she became a full time traveler. She traveled in a van and train hopped all over the continent. Even though we stopped talking, I was and am drawn to her spirit.

I want that life and I want to meet others who want that life too.

nivoldoog

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Its rough man but super rewarding! Your first 3 days can and usually suck but you should eventually figure it out. Then when you think you got this you will be caught of guard, like get your bag stolen, weather or spend way to long at a hitch spot or something.

This website helped me ALOT when I first started but that was back in the day when this site had the super travelers and hobos. Still a decent place to get information. Good luck and may the road be good to you.

Reactions: starfarer and Odin

HowlingTao2000

Reaction score
Its rough man but super rewarding! Your first 3 days can and usually suck but you should eventually figure it out. Then when you think you got this you will be caught of guard, like get your bag stolen, weather or spend way to long at a hitch spot or something.

This website helped me ALOT when I first started but that was back in the day when this site had the super travelers and hobos. Still a decent place to get information. Good luck and may the road be good to you.

Thanks. How did you get started? Did you do it solo?

nivoldoog

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks. How did you get started? Did you do it solo?

I was getting out of the military and I wanted to travel and be a "HOBO". So I spent a few months studying this website got out, bought good gear, traveled on some cash for several months then did my first official "Homeless Hitchhiking" My first few days were crazy awesome just arriving in Berkeley, CA. Then my first official hitch was with a bald Buddest monk driving a VW Van. She was really cool and gave me 20 bucks. Next night I get mugged by coyotes for my fried chicken.

I mostly travel solo but some of the best times has been when I group up. I now mostly only travel a brief time before I set up the next seasonal job or good gig. Then travel a bit again to get my head right then get back to work. How did i get started? I wanted to see this country I fought "for". To see what is my country really about? I liked what I found, for the most part.

Reactions: Odin

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads