First Time in WA, anyone seen these signs anywhere else? | Squat the Planet

First Time in WA, anyone seen these signs anywhere else?

Shwillam

Previously NotSoSirius
Banned
Reaction score
591-599 MacArthur Blvd, Oakland, CA 94610, USA
They seem to be all over WA. Lemme know if you've seem this shit anywhere else
20170513_145314.jpg

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
ive seen those signs but not in Washington. That state seems to be pretty friendly to hitchhiking.

Also, I dont believe there to be any stat e law supporting that sign. It might mean that you at not llowwd to hitch on the actual freeway. Not the ramp.

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score
I've seen those in Oregon as well. I've heard that you're good as long as you don't walk past the sign but I would imagine it's one of those things where enforcement depends on the individual cop that stops you and whether they've had their donut for the day.

Reactions: fredenglert

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I've seen those in Oregon as well

oregon is legal to hitchhike on just about any highway/freeway, i've done it all my life, you just gotta stay behind the white shoulder line. washington though, i've always heard of people getting fucked with for hitching in washington...

RovingGale

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I've never seen a straight up pictoral sign like that but I've seen a lot of freeway entrances with signs prohibiting pedestrians (and often any other non-motorized method of travel). My understanding is that you'll be fine as long as you don't walk past the sign, but I've never actually tested that out, so your mileage will vary.

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score
oregon is legal to hitchhike on just about any highway/freeway,
You're right, I just realized I saw it in Vancouver, WA and misremembered it as Oregon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

D

Deleted member 2626

east coast every exit has a no non motorized vehicle sign limit. I like it here in Oregon you can walk any highway and hitching is decent. don't thinjk I'll be seeing these signz

VanScribed Goat

Reaction score
lol, I've never seen one of those before. I lived in WA for a year on the Olympic Peninsula. I hitched multiple times weekly out there and never got hassled! :D

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads