First time getting gear

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
did you use the search? or, you know, read the travel gear section? i moved your thread there.

marymemarryme

the girl who plans too much and acts too little
Reaction score
I’d recommend a water proof backpack. They can run expensive but if you have things you’d like to keep dry, definitely worth the investment rather than having to buy or scrounge up stuff that gets wet/destroyed!

Bibs

Reaction score
I'm not insanely familiar with sleeping outdoors and I was wondering what kind of equipment do you guys use or recommend? I'm probably just going to get a tarp and sleeping bag, I'll have my car hopefully

Sleeping bag, tarp, wool blanket. That'll carry you through most if not all scenarios unless you really really fuck up and get caught in the negatives. Also a comfortable pack thats 30litres or more depending on what you need/want. Also hella random but If you want to be a real kool kat carry a few extra steel grey coloured tarps (non reflective) and kick em to hobos in need.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads