first time back on the road in 8-10 years. (1 Viewer)

justbuster

Lurker
Hometown
none
Figured i'd y'know..introduce myself and such. i'm buster, housed up in columbus ohio for 8 years now. My lady and i have settled on taking different roads, and i'm taking the next few seasons visiting old friends across the country.
i wish i wouldve known about this place the last time i hitched (but mostly hiked, heh) all over.
Anyway, i used to busk constantly when i squatted, can still pull out a bunch now, but rusty. can sing pretty good and loud.
i'll be looking for rides to denver i guess starting now, and then portland O, but who knows?

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!
Hometown
SF East Bay, CA
Figured i'd y'know..introduce myself and such. i'm buster, housed up in columbus ohio for 8 years now. My lady and i have settled on taking different roads, and i'm taking the next few seasons visiting old friends across the country.
i wish i wouldve known about this place the last time i hitched (but mostly hiked, heh) all over.
Anyway, i used to busk constantly when i squatted, can still pull out a bunch now, but rusty. can sing pretty good and loud.
i'll be looking for rides to denver i guess starting now, and then portland O, but who knows?
Hey, Buster!

My name is Batshit, Batsy, or Bats. I'm from the SF Bay Area in California.

I've been planning on hitting the road for a while now, but I have little experience and want to go with someone who can teach me the ropes. When you get to Portland, could I meet you there? Are you looking for a road dawg? I also busk and am planning on hitchhiking to get around.

OP
justbuster

justbuster

Lurker
Hometown
none
Hey, Buster!

My name is Batshit, Batsy, or Bats. I'm from the SF Bay Area in California.

I've been planning on hitting the road for a while now, but I have little experience and want to go with someone who can teach me the ropes. When you get to Portland, could I meet you there? Are you looking for a road dawg? I also busk and am planning on hitchhiking to get around.
That's totally a possibility, but i might have to come back to ohio from denver and then to portland, so it might take a bit to get there...i feel like i might have to re-learn the ropes myself, but its awesome there's this resource for someone like myself, who has been reclusive for years.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Staff member
Hometown
Rochester, NY
Very cool and enjoy your travels. I also admin a dirtykid facebook group that houses a couch list and I have a very cool guy in denver who is an awesome host and loves the traveling company. Give me a shout back when you get there and if you have need of a couch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$150.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $150.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Heading Southwest tomorrow. Hoping to make the Sam Houston National Forest by nightfall. Gonna be a long day of riding...
tucson to phoenix? trying to pick kids up. i wanna see how many hippies fit in a dodge caravan
SteveO85 wrote on Ponyriderijk's profile.
What up dude?Just trying to find similar people with similar views in the area...
cold wet and managed to dodge NINE count em NINE kangaroos in twelve k ! listening to rodriguez "sugarman" thinking about aqualung
When all else fails, go ahead and rely on instinct
- animalistic is our most natural mode
Going nuts! Ehrenberg Arizona....😬
Hi everybody my name is Steve aka Miami Mike from the central coast of California ,more precisely Paso Robles/lake nacimento
Squat in Austin’s north loop! Seeking advice and squat mates as well as offering a place to crash and some company. We got booze and electric?
croc wrote on quad8's profile.
Yo, last night I rode my first autorack! Colton to Yermo in an automax n it was articulated, door open. Love those curved floors so u got a lil hidey wall to chill behind.
Thought of u as soon as we got on lol

Members online