Finally Ready to See What the World Has to Offer

anrami01

Reaction score
After months of hesitating, I've finally decided to hit the road with a Polaroid camera, my notebooks, and my terrible writing skills. I originally planned to try and visit as many cities as I realistically can, delve into as many music scenes as I can, and convince myself that I'm doing it for "journalistic purposes", but as I write this I realize, it's not about that at all. I've just always love to meet people who can teach me something I haven't before. I like an adventure, and I've exhausted all of mine here in Chicago. I'm new to this so to be honest, i'm still getting my shit together, but if you got a couch I can crash on or any advice for a shitty amateur writer like myself , shoot me a message. Maybe we'll meet up. i'll buy you a beer and you can tell me about the place you call home :)

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
Agreed. The key to being a good writer is to be prolific. Write about anything and everything! I'm a fellow Chicago native, I agree, I've completely exhausted my patience for this city and I'm ready to set out again. Do you know where you want to go first?

Reactions: anrami01

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Welcome to STP! Sounds like you are lining up for a great adventure. We do have a Crust Surfing (couch surfing) sub forum - I'm on there for Rochester NY (should you get this way) so that is an option - but also when you get underway - you can post a thread of looking for a couch etc. Stay safe and DO have fun out there - oh and keep us up on your journey!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
After months of hesitating, I've finally decided to hit the road with a Polaroid camera, my notebooks, and my terrible writing skills. I originally planned to try and visit as many cities as I realistically can, delve into as many music scenes as I can, and convince myself that I'm doing it for "journalistic purposes", but as I write this I realize, it's not about that at all. I've just always love to meet people who can teach me something I haven't before. I like an adventure, and I've exhausted all of mine here in Chicago. I'm new to this so to be honest, i'm still getting my shit together, but if you got a couch I can crash on or any advice for a shitty amateur writer like myself , shoot me a message. Maybe we'll meet up. i'll buy you a beer and you can tell me about the place you call home :)

we're always looking for people to write stories about their travels and anything else. also posting photos is highly encouraged.

anrami01

Reaction score
Agreed. The key to being a good writer is to be prolific. Write about anything and everything! I'm a fellow Chicago native, I agree, I've completely exhausted my patience for this city and I'm ready to set out again. Do you know where you want to go first?
Nice to find another Chicagoan who feels the same. You can only go downtown for so long you know?
To be honest, I'm actually looking to go to Seattle. Have always wanted to go!

PrisMiQue

Reaction score
Traveling is essential! Ive always been grateful for all the places I've been too and adventures ive either winged or planned.
My advice is to go with your instinct... If you want to go to seattle then go! One of many cities that I just decided was Austin... I bought a ticket and had no idea about all its awesomeness! I went on my own and it was so cool!

Tip: check the weather and be prepared.

I was only 18 but I started traveling on my at 16.
I get the whole traveling alone and being a woman but honestly It feels good to know you can do it independently.
Having a road dog is fun, make sure you trust them and most important enjoy being around them. I hope you do travel and see how fucking stellar it is.

If you find yourself in SoCal shoot me a message or even better if you can get out here for slabs, which is in like a couple weeks, you can get tips & stories from lots of others!

Last edited:

noonthirty

Reaction score
Check out Railroad Semantics zine (Google it).

I'm a writer myself. I'm a former newspaper reporter, but mostly I write fiction. I have stacks and stacks of journals, poetry, stories I've written and books I've started.

If you ever get close to PA, NY, Baltimore, or NJ, I have a futon for you and would love to join you for your travels.

Reactions: Matt Derrick

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads