Finally got around to making an acct.

KevinsAhPunk

Reaction score
Hello browsers of introductions!

I've been finding helpful posts here for the last few years, I frequently find quality information and helpful discussion here. On top of that, I haven't really seen anyone being anything other than good to each other on here; I want in on the good vibes I see here.

I've actually read through threads on here with enough regularity that I think of members here an "My people."

The last few months I've been reading stuff here because I recently lost my housing situation. It's a combination of wanderlust, addiction that's got me sleepin in my car (99% the second thing.)

I've recently got off the H, methadones what's really helped me with that. I'm like a week clean now and that's the longest I've been sober in... well longer than I can remember really. I only got started with the stuff about 2 years ago, things went off the rails, and well here I am. Part of the clinic (for me rn) is like therapy or counsoling or whatever. I had always suspected I needed that, but never took the initiative. I didn't actually realize just how badly I needed that.

I did some panhandling for the first time on Monday, thanks to the sick advice found here I made enough money for cigs, food, and gas. I didn't expect just how good panhandling was gonna make me feel either, so thanks for that too. Before that Monday, my primary source of income was a mix of boosting, and giving people rides to pick up (which suprisingly wasn't helpng me get clean.)

Anyway, I'm pretty befuddled by the sleeping pills I took earlier so I'm gonna call it a night after I post this.

OHH, there was something else too!

Working on my signiture, anytime I try to put a link in I get bitchslapped by the auto-mod/spam filter. What I'm trying to do is use a quote from a book, and then have words that relate to other interesting quotes or something. I guess I'm trying to add a bit of depth or something, not really 100% on what I'm trying to acomplish there. Here's the example:

Sig sig sig, nice phrase or something (Linked to, something else).

For the link, I tried creating a google doc and making the link public. Posting what I want written to a blog, shit IDK anymore just realized the time and gotta sleep!

Love you all.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Wow - awesome intro and welcome to STP! We are quite a wide and diverse group - who are good with each other. Ask a question and you'll get answers on where to find it - after of course you have researched it here. :)

Anyway - hey congrats on being free of. I have several friends I keep in touch with who count the days, the months and the YEARS they are clean. Recovery!! And welcome again!

Reactions: bystander

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
For the first ten posts or something after you sign up they wont allow you to post links, it helps keep spam out. Best of luck with recovery!
It's actually the first 2 posts, but you got the right idea [emoji14]

Sent from my LG-H815 using the Squat the Planet mobile app!

KevinsAhPunk

Reaction score
For the first ten posts or something after you sign up they wont allow you to post links, it helps keep spam out. Best of luck with recovery!

It's actually the first 2 posts, but you got the right idea [emoji14]

Sent from my LG-H815 using the

Good to know I'll be able to get it working the way I want soon enough. Thanks for the warm welcome from errybody else.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads