Feeling trapped by Quarantine | Squat the Planet

Feeling trapped by Quarantine

Grace

Reaction score
This quarantine stuff is driving me nuts. It also doesn't help that I'm so young and limited by society and just generally being a teenager.

I dream of the days I can travel across the world, visit wonderful lands like France and Germany once more. I can't even go to the local CVS to lift some food. SMH.

Reactions: Aaron Adonis
D

Deleted member 27861

Ikr? Must suck to be a teenager and just now growing up into a world that wants to keep you in place out of fear.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
It really sucks and at this point I have to accept nothing that interesting will happen for a long time.

yeah i think a lot of us are in that boat right now, but at least you have some folks here that can sympathize, and maybe help you make plans for when this ridiculousness is all over with!

• Agree
Reactions: Odin

Grace

Reaction score
yeah i think a lot of us are in that boat right now, but at least you have some folks here that can sympathize, and maybe help you make plans for when this ridiculousness is all over with!

ikr? I'm pretty excited to escape this dump called a suburbian American town. I love the world and am excited to see more.

Bushpig

Reaction score
It really sucks and at this point I have to accept nothing that interesting will happen for a long time.
You seem like a pretty smart kid, but I'm going to be a piece of shit and disagree with you here. There is always something interesting happening. In times like this, you're unable to travel to where those things are happening. I'll give you that. But that doesn't mean that your life has to be boring.

Life is as interesting as you make it! You're a teenager! Get in trouble! Make mistakes! Be stupid sometimes!

The pandemic may be keeping most people indoors, but that doesn't have to mean you can't have fun. I let myself fall into a relationship that kept me bored for a few years. But now, even during a global crisis, I'm doing something interesting. Tomorrow, I'm hitting the road. But travel isn't the only way to make life interesting! ;)

I'm pretty excited to escape this dump called a suburbian American town. I love the world and am excited to see more.
You will. I was the same when I was younger. My advice, don't wait until you're 24 to move like I did! Finish high school, then get out of your small town! I was too cautious to leave after graduating (but not too much to at least get my own place) and got trapped. once I decided to leave, I moved from PA to CA and never moved back. Now my friends from there envy me.

You'll get out. Just have a good time until then!

Last edited:

MFB

Reaction score
Agree with the infamous @Bushpig on this one.
If your bored, you are boring. Theres a whole world out there, homie!

Sometimes when I am stuck with a job and cant travel, and feel blue bc of it;
one of my favorite things to do is to research and do logistics and the places I want to see.
Research the Ilse of Skye and how to traverse the Cuillen Mountains
Research efelant sanctuaries in SE asia
Research the slot canyons around Antelope in Northern AZ.
How to get there and what to see.
That always helps me.
My point though, make use of your down time so you have more knowledge when the time comes to go.

plumfae

Reaction score
I been feeling the same way. All winter I was planning on catching out west right around now, and now the time's come I'm stuck staying in one place. You certainly aint alone in this.

I've been going for long far walks for something to do, I'd suggest it. Helps with the bug a bit

Grace

Reaction score
Finish high school, then get out of your small town!

Oh I'd love to, but my Dad says it's stupid to leave as soon as I should and says I should go to a shitty local college first instead of following my dreams or at least going to a good school in Europe. My plan is to go against his words and just ditch this place as soon as I can.

I've been going for long far walks for something to do,

I'd love to do that! If only I lived in a big city there'd be a lot more interesting things to see than the same old houses for kilometres

Reactions: Matt Derrick

Aaron Adonis

Reaction score
It is pretty tough out there right now. But hopefully things will cool off soon :/

Chonkthebonk

Reaction score
You’re definitely not the only one there.
Went from moving around freely without any care in the world, beautiful place to beautiful place, always new interesting people, and now I’m stuck in this little overcrowded box.
These times are hard, can’t wait to feel free again and to explore endlessly

dprogram

Reaction score
Seriously...at a minimum finish high school. Somehow someway. Take a year to travel to get it out of your system then double down on continuing your education. Take online courses for college if you need to. If I'd have someone tell me this I wouldn't have got so burned out out in college. I promise you that it get's harder to return to school once you've been away too long. Don't take your youth for granted. Hope all goes well. =)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads