Favorite quotes? | Page 3 | Squat the Planet

Favorite quotes?

slurricane

Reaction score
'i know you can go to mecca, but can you go to ikea?' -hipsters at hurricane irene party
'i love nigger quests' -baltimore's last african king, at his own roast
'i told her to get an hp lovecraft book. dads love hp lovecraft' -hipsters at hurricane irene party
'crackwhores are not scum, kyle' -punx girls yelling at my boyfriend
'it's a really nice day, i think i want to spend it in the hospital' -my boyfriend lolling at people in ambulances
'i get excited about anything that's potentially vaginal' -former travel partner regarding to a geneology center.. -__-
'he's like a conspiracy theory goth' -punx at hurricane irene party
'i thought chorizo was slang for heroin' -boyfriend after explaining what chorizo was to him

people...

Reactions: TheUndeadPhoenix

TheUndeadPhoenix

The Necromancer King
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
"fuck you" - i think we've all said this at some point with various degrees of conviction
"Fuck you." Never understood that insult, because fucking someone is actually really pleasant. If we're trying to be mean, we should say "unfuck you!"

TheUndeadPhoenix

The Necromancer King
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
"All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near." - excerpt from Sun Tzu's Art of War

Reactions: BobbinGoblin

bryanpaul

Reaction score
"if your gonna be walkin...you might as well be stumblin"

Reactions: TheUndeadPhoenix

Vonuist

Reaction score
Website
trashwiki.org
"...We must be as stealthy as rats in the wainscoting of their society. It was easier in the old days, of course, and society had more rats when the rules were looser, just as old wooden buildings have more rats than concrete buildings. But there are rats in the building now as well. Now that society is all ferrocrete and stainless steel there are fewer gaps in the joints. It takes a very smart rat indeed to find these openings. Only a stainless steel rat can be at home in this environment..."
-'The Stainless Steel Rat', Harry Harrison, 1957.

S

sporadicghost

"One doesn't become an artist overnight. First you have to be crushed, to have your conflicting points of view annihilated. You have to be wiped out as a human being in order to be born again an individual." --Henry Miller, Tropic of Capricorn

"I must not stop to rest here in the ordered facuity of responsible, adult life. I must do this in remembrance of a life beyond all comparison with the life which was promised me, in remembrance of the life of a child who was strangled and stifled by the mutual consent of those who had surrendered. Everything which the fathers and the mothers created I disown. I am going back to a world smaller than the old Hellenic world, going back to a world which I can always touch with outstreached arms, the world of what I know and see and recognize from moment to moment. Any other world is meaningless to me, and alien and hostile." ---Henry Miller, Tropic of Capricorn

Orzhr0n

Reaction score
"It's not because things are difficult that we don't dare; It's because we don't dare that things are difficult."

D

Deleted member 363

I go to Mr. Sagan for inspiration.

"For as long as there been humans we have searched for our place in the cosmos. Where are we? Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a hum-drum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people. This perspective is a courageous continuation of our penchant for constructing and testing mental models of the skies; the Sun as a red-hot stone, the stars as a celestial flame, the Galaxy as the backbone of night."

"And we who embody the local eyes and ears and thoughts and feelings of the cosmos we've begun, at last, to wonder about our origins. Star stuff, contemplating the stars organized collections of 10 billion-billion-billion atoms contemplating the evolution of matter tracing that long path by which it arrived at consciousness here on the planet Earth and perhaps, throughout the cosmos."

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads