News & Blogs - fart ignites laser during operation | Squat the Planet

News & Blogs fart ignites laser during operation

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...o-hospital.html?ito=social-facebook_Australia

Patient is seriously burned when she breaks wind during operation and surgeon's laser ignites the gas at Tokyo hospital
  • Female patient was undergoing a procedure at Tokyo Medical University
  • It involved a surgeon applying a laser to both her cervix and lower uterus
  • But as the surgeon carried out the operation, the patient passed wind
  • It then caused the laser to ignite, sparking a fire and burning the woman's legs
By JENNIFER NEWTON FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 11:08 EDT, 31 October 2016 | UPDATED: 12:14 EDT, 31 October 2016

14kshares

View comments

A patient in a Tokyo hospital has been left with serious burns after she passed wind during an operation that ignited the laser a surgeon was using during the procedure.

The woman, in her 30s, was undergoing surgery at the Tokyo Medical University Hospital which involved a laser being applied to her cervix and lower part of her uterus.

However, as the surgeon carried out the procedure, the patient passed wind as the laser was being used.

39E9FAB700000578-3890202-image-a-1_1477925772192.jpg

+1
The woman, in her 30s, was undergoing surgery at the Tokyo Medical University Hospital when she broke wind causing a fire that burned her legs

It then caused the gas to ignite, sparking a fire, which set her hospital gown and legs ablaze.

She suffered serious burns but is thought to have survived the incident.

RELATED ARTICLES
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
The fire happened in April this year but only came to light following an internal investigation by the hospital, reported Japanese newspaper Ashai Shimbun.

In a report released last week, the probe found that there were no flammable materials in the operating room at the time.

It also added that all equipment used during the procedure was also functioning normally.

When the patient's intestinal gas leaked into the space of the operating room, it ignited with the irridation of the laser
The report concluded: 'When the patient's intestinal gas leaked into the space of the operating room, it ignited with the irridation of the laser and the burning spread, eventually reaching the surgical drape and causing the fire.'

The Tokyo Medical University Hospital is in the heart of the Japanese capital and is an acute care facility.

According to their website, they provide high-quality care based on their love for humankind.

They also claim to be pioneers in medical treatment and are the only facility in Japan to carry out surgery using robots.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ignites-gas-Tokyo-hospital.html#ixzz4OrwBjvDu
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Last edited:

todd

Reaction score
i wonder if she asked the doctor to pull her finger?

• Haha
Reactions: Mankini

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Gawd I just had a colonoscopy and I don't want to know what happened back there at all, but do not want to blow up. I do not need a burnt ass. >.<

Reactions: todd

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads