Facebook is now officially evil.

Doc Road

Reaction score
honest, don't know shit bout it. managed to stay away all theas years.
You know what, the way people turn it into high school drama is why I stayd the fuck out. I like it hear, just dig that people hear go at thare own beat.
But lets face it, we create this surrogate alter ego of an identity because its fun, or for protection (because the feds are on are ass). I guess just dont take it so serious, toys are meant to be played with, have fun.

Rob Nothing

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
once, I had some pretty deep insightful shit to say to someone. because, you know, sometimes it feels good to be honest. and facebook fucking censored my message. off my own page.

I might as well have shatted myself, because I really needed to say what I said, and I don't even use facebook.

shabti

Reaction score
HOoray for progress! I was reading some of the responses, and at first I was all like "Wha..? I totally need to correct these people who don't totally agree with me!" and then I said nah, I'll just add my input, and choose to not give a hoopty.

I dont see how you can hate on facebook...

I'm in school to be an anthropologist. Back in the day, native peoples would be forced to stand for pictures, to be studied against their will. Tuskegee experiments anyone?

The reason that I specifically hate on Facebook is that they have admitted to performing psychological experiments on hundreds of thousands of people WITHOUT CONSENT. If I were to do that as a professional anthropologist, I would go to prison. They do it, it's just a foot note.

http://www.theguardian.com/technolo...apologises-psychological-experiments-on-users

It's one thing having all of your personal information "monetized" (read: used to make you poorer from buying all the shit they advertise to you.), it's COMPLETELY FUCKING UNACCEPTABLE to have your information used to target you in a giant experiment that is designed to change your emotions, to mess with your physiologly, Un. be. knownst. To. you.

Oh fuck no. I deleted my account 5 minutes after I learned about it.

If you use the internet your informations is being bought or sold for someone elses financial gain. period. its not just facebook. does that mean im going to completely stop using the internet? No, because its a very useful tool. i think the key is to just be aware how it works and use with caution.

Period? Not a period. A comma maybe. Let's try
"If you use the internet your information is being bought or sold for someone else financial gain, (comma) BUT, there's a tremendous amount of things you can do to minimize the amount of that information, to obfuscate the valuable bits of that information, and to do this in a way that builds community and is easy to do."

There. Doesn't that sound better?

"If you live in the world as a human being, you're going to contribute to the consumption of non-renewable resources the the destruction of precious habitats, and the enslavement of others. Period." <---see? there's always a comma. Arguments are rarely, rarely ever adequately or honestly handled with a period.

"If you are in the middle of (some kind of exploitative thing), then you will contribute to the (furtherance of that exploitable thing.) , (<----comma) but if you feel (negative emotion) regarding (exploitative thing) then take comfort knowing that there are things you can do to mitigate your participation in (said exploitative thing),, and perhaps even find alternatives."

:D

Reactions: Rob Nothing

Rob Nothing

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah.

couple weeks ago I was looking up info on the reactivated cbrl line between coos bay and eugene or though.. and it linked me to their facebook group page for updated info.. and I had to login to my deleted account... and this has happened numerous times. Pretty sure I'll delete again shortly, but there is some info on there man! hard to avoid.

Kal

Reaction score
I have facebook to keep up with friends. I have found the the internet to be a nesasary evil but I am causious I don't share private info and I don't use my real name. I have told a few my real name either on pm or when I meet them.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads