Explain why you don't like cops?

enocifer

Reaction score
Website
vids.myspace.com
I want to hear why you guys don't like cops, explain for me please.
I have heard only a few explanations as to why people don't like cops, and it's been entirely from folks who have been fucked over by the law(chased down, arrested, teargassed)
So, what's your reason?

I have been beat up by cops, arrested numerous times without cause, arrested on felonies for "assault" for protecting myself against physical harm when someone was threatening me, been driven off from squats when it was raining, snowing.... I've seen old homebums tackled when doing nothing but walking down the street, ending up with bloody scabs all over their faces.... I've had friends whose dogs got shot (puppies.. PUPPIES) because they were in a tent by themselves when the cops came knocking, and of course, the tents were torn down when they came back, and all their belongings gone... just a note to say who was there. They gave the kids a $100 gift certificate to get a new dog. As if you could replcae a family member. One time, when I had a broken foot, the cops beat the shit out of me when I refused to leave the hospital because I couldn't walk. They burst into the room, threw me on my frontside while I was screaming in pain, dragged me outside, and told me to leave the property. I said I couldn't walk, my foot was broken, please take me to jail. They wouldn't do it. This happened in Boulder, 2006. They threw my guitar 20 feet through the air, it landed on the sidewalk. I crawled around the front of the hospital, swallowed a couple pain pills, went to sleep. Woke up in the morning, in serious pain, took a couple pain pills, threw up because I had an empty stomach. Went inside to tell them what had happened on the night shift. They didn't care. Tried to steal a wheelchair, they caught me, kicked me out of it, went to the dumpster, hopping on one foot, to look for a "cane." Found a metal rod. limped around front, talked to some people, some chick gave me $20. Got a sandwich from Subway, caught a bus downtown. The Carriage House ( I was in Boulder, CO) gave me crutches. Wait... why do I hate cops? Yeah. Fuck pigs. Goddamned gang members. you don't hate cops, you ain't done enough time on the road. You'll learn. YOU WILL LEARN.Fuck all pigs. I'm done here.

Reactions: Mankini

Erable

Aspiring journeyman
Reaction score
hey idiot, here's a better question - explain why you like cops?
Are... you talking to me?
I said I don't like cops, but if I were to give them their fair shakes, I'd have to say, some of the good cops do help people. I knew cops that'd buy homeless folks a meal whenever they could, and I've known cops that'd chase down a mugger, on duty or not.
There ain't a lot of good cops, but there's some out there, and they do actually help people.
So, explain, why don't you like cops?

Erable

Aspiring journeyman
Reaction score
I have been beat up by cops, arrested numerous times without cause, arrested on felonies for "assault" for protecting myself against physical harm when someone was threatening me, been driven off from squats when it was raining, snowing.... I've seen old homebums tackled when doing nothing but walking down the street, ending up with bloody scabs all over their faces.... I've had friends whose dogs got shot (puppies.. PUPPIES) because they were in a tent by themselves when the cops came knocking, and of course, the tents were torn down when they came back, and all their belongings gone... just a note to say who was there. They gave the kids a $100 gift certificate to get a new dog. As if you could replcae a family member. One time, when I had a broken foot, the cops beat the shit out of me when I refused to leave the hospital because I couldn't walk. They burst into the room, threw me on my frontside while I was screaming in pain, dragged me outside, and told me to leave the property. I said I couldn't walk, my foot was broken, please take me to jail. They wouldn't do it. This happened in Boulder, 2006. They threw my guitar 20 feet through the air, it landed on the sidewalk. I crawled around the front of the hospital, swallowed a couple pain pills, went to sleep. Woke up in the morning, in serious pain, took a couple pain pills, threw up because I had an empty stomach. Went inside to tell them what had happened on the night shift. They didn't care. Tried to steal a wheelchair, they caught me, kicked me out of it, went to the dumpster, hopping on one foot, to look for a "cane." Found a metal rod. limped around front, talked to some people, some chick gave me $20. Got a sandwich from Subway, caught a bus downtown. The Carriage House ( I was in Boulder, CO) gave me crutches. Wait... why do I hate cops? Yeah. Fuck pigs. Goddamned gang members. you don't hate cops, you ain't done enough time on the road. You'll learn. YOU WILL LEARN.Fuck all pigs. I'm done here.
Well, holy fuck, man. That's a pretty brutal story(er, collection of stories.) And they're all strong reasons to not like cops, so I do see your point.

Reactions: enocifer

enocifer

Reaction score
Website
vids.myspace.com
Well, holy fuck, man. That's a pretty brutal story(er, collection of stories.) And they're all strong reasons to not like cops, so I do see your point.

Been there, bro. It's not just blind hatred with no reason. It has justification.... as much as hate can have justification. I know we're not supposed to hate groups of people based on the actions of one, or two.... otherwise I'd hate black people for breaking my jaw in San Francisco (yeah, I'm a real kid, I've been around), but I don't. Those were random gang members. I've had plenty of cool black friends. I've had two black girlfriends. Cops, on the other hand... cops are fucking evil. They choose to join a force of evil people, intent on violating other people's rights, to gain some sense of... superiority? Power? I don't know why they do it. I just know they're fucking assholes, and I hate them. I also fear them. I'll admit it. I see 'em rollin' down the street, and I'm like, "I ain't done nothin' wrong." So why am I still scared? Because they've beat my ass for no reason before. And because they kill people EVERY FUCKING DAY. I will post links if you don't believe it. Test me. You know what, '' do it anyway. Get ready for link city. I'm gonna start a whole new thread on it. Threads.

Reactions: Mankini

Erable

Aspiring journeyman
Reaction score
Has anyone been around both the states and canada a lot? I don't know how canadian cops compare to american cops, though I can imagine they're more ehm.. lenient? in canada.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads