Experiences with smoking ganja in public ? (1 Viewer)

Ramblin Blues

Lurker
In NY you can smoke weed in Manhattan and no one looks twice. It’s been decriminalized and the cops don’t really give you trouble.
California I imagine people giving the least amounts of fuck depending where you are
And that also goes for the other states that have legalized it for recreational use.
I always see a sign in legal states that say
People are not allowed to smoke in public But only in a private residence.

My question is
What has been your experience smoking weed in America in different states ?
Is it a regional attitude or is it more
Person by person basis.
Are people indifferent or perturbed?
Obviously I’m not talking about smoking a j
In the front of an elementary school when the kids come out.

I like to smoke when I travel and I’m always anxious of the reaction I will get.
I take edibles as well but sometimes those aren’t always available.

Also I didn’t grow up a stoner
I started smoking into my twenties so I don’t have the usually instincts lol.

This is all because I want to smoke my weed vape (not an oil cartridge but actual grass) in the parking lot of this motel in Wyoming and am probably overthinking it lol.

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

Ramblin Blues

Lurker
I live in Portland where it has been legal for awhile. I discretely smoke pot in a lot of settings. Cops aren’t super strict. Law is like alcohol—not supposed to smoke in public but no one is gonna mess with you. Avoid downtown
In NY you can smoke weed in Manhattan and no one looks twice. It’s been decriminalized and the cops don’t really give you trouble.
California I imagine people giving the least amounts of fuck depending where you are
And that also goes for the other states that have legalized it for recreational use.
I always see a sign in legal states that say
People are not allowed to smoke in public But only in a private residence.

My question is
What has been your experience smoking weed in America in different states ?
Is it a regional attitude or is it more
Person by person basis.
Are people indifferent or perturbed?
Obviously I’m not talking about smoking a j
In the front of an elementary school when the kids come out.

I like to smoke when I travel and I’m always anxious of the reaction I will get.
I take edibles as well but sometimes those aren’t always available.

Also I didn’t grow up a stoner
I started smoking into my twenties so I don’t have the usually instincts lol.

This is all because I want to smoke my weed vape (not an oil cartridge but actual grass) in the parking lot of this motel in Wyoming and am probably overthinking it lol.

Samwell Nomad

I prefer to smoke out of an apple on the road; when approached by butt-goblins you can calmly eat, dispose, or let it be!

Once I was given a half ounce, then under the circumstance, elected to be dropped off on the Ohio interstate. I was immediately picked up by highway patrol. Being coherent, and also my first recent encounter within the state, they decided to run me into the closest town. Unfortunately [wink wink], they did not have enough room in their trunk to put my 30 liter backpack and needed to check it for "safety." Even though I was illegally on the highway, I wasn't sure if they had the right to search my pack unless they were actually arresting me. They asked to search and I said no.. then they put cuffs on me and put me in front of the dash cam. They asked if they could search my bag, as if they didn't just ask me! That is a non-human offense; therefore they definitely deserve no respect after acting like a bot. I told them if they wanted to do the paperwork, then arrest me, otherwise they weren't searching my bag. Behold, they found room in their trunk.

Whenever I am hitching a ride with the police, I usually feel comfortable enough to discuss weed with them. I like to know their personal opinions, and gently remind them of the absurdity of waging a "War on Drugs."

My advice: remember in your heart that ganja is medicine; it will help you act righteously when confronting dickheads.

One surprising use for marijuana is for hunger suppression < THC-v strains>

Lamentations

Pilgrim
I find it isn't really celebrated in WA, where it's legal. People are just kind of used to it. In MPLS it was medical, I think, but people weren't going to share with some bum for the life of them. I didn't really meet many hippies.

When I lived in TN, it was illegal, and people were sharing with whoever they thought wouldn't report them. A lot of people smoked rolling tobacco, so I just smoked weed walking down the street. I don't really see how people can tell the difference.

EvaUnitOne

Lurker
Yeah, and not the best experiences. I have once started to laugh so hard that my friends thought that I am crying and started to say that everything will be good, Dan, don't worry. People around us were just staring in silence lol!

EvaUnitOne

Lurker
Yeah, and not the best experiences. I have once started to laugh so hard that my friends thought that I am crying and started to say that everything will be good, Dan, don't worry. People around us were just staring in silence lol!
That experience has traced a line in my experience with substances, never go for ganja in public. Better go for something soft from mail order soft weed and you will be ok, just relaxed. Ganja is driving you crazy and it’s easy to do something that you would not normally do. Anyway, be careful because we are still talking about drugs.

Hobo Corncob

It's legal here to smoke anywhere you can smoke tobacco in public. You're allowed 30grams in your possesion (an ounce is 28grams so there's a bit of wiggleroom) and I'm allowed to grow four plants.

Canada may be colder than my ex wife's heart but we've got legal weed to keep us warm! 🤘😎

Spazz

Pilgrim
I left Eureka because it is not 215/SB420 compliant.

Just a heads up. Got to protect my doctor on this one, because his hippocratic oath supercedes prop 64.

That's kind of what 4/20 is all about. If prop 64 says only six plants and your doctor knows you're going to die without your green leaf therapy, the doc is going to lose their license or go to prison.

Cuz ya never cure the goose that lays the Golden Egg.

If Ganja is all you need, it's doable, but I got out.

Your life is worth more than your stuff. I just lost a really cool ex husband to severe endocannabinoid deficiency and "normal" wasn't worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$55.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $55.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully this will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $55.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $55.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.