ex spoiled brat | Squat the Planet

ex spoiled brat

newlypoor

Reaction score
truthfully, i was never much of a brat, but i thought it was catchy.

my name's ira, sounds like eye ruh. i currently reside in a suburb of phoenix. i grew up in a super spoiled household, so i'm relatively incompetent when it comes to basic survival (though i'm relatively "book smart"). i hope to grow in this regard and maybe live a life as free of capitalism as possible. truth be told, i'm not even really sure where to start.

newlypoor

Reaction score
that doesn't surprise me much given the rampant classism that is the usian idea of freedom. i'm sorry that things were like that for you. i can kind of relate, since i was one of the only non-white persons in my area growing up.

hiveranno

Reaction score
well ex... theres alot out there, hook up with a travel chum and go see it... check out some of the groupsand do some research on food and water and shelter... the three mains.. then check out the creepy crawlies in your area and safety issues.get a good road pooch and follow MrD's post.. life only gets better

hiveranno

Reaction score
depends where your searching on the internet.. newbies can get ideas from the old schoolers and hopefully not make the same mistakes that we have...

Diagaro

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I wholeheartedly support this thread and condone all contained advice.
"fat kings" - yes my full belly is bulging and I have everything I want or need aside from sane company

The lost alwase want to Shepard the aimless

CardBoardBox

Reaction score
Ain't nothing quite as liberating as trashing all your belongings and hitting the road. Get rid of all your posters and gadgets and put all your nessesities into a pack you can carry with you. Wait till its warm enough, have a nice (but not too nice) cushy wad of cash to fall back on and stick your thumb at the road. Go wherever. You'll find other travellers. Some of them will be mean and laugh at you for being a noob or whatever but hey, we're all noobs at the start. You'll eventually fall in line with some cool kids with the same mindframe if you want to hard enough. Its all about wanting it, though. Year one of awareness, the rest of its you're call with what you wanna do. Don't let being alone scare you either. waiting for someone to hold your hand is only going to prolong your happiness. This is your life, grab it by the balls and live it.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads