europe schnegan zone

arkface

Reaction score
hey
i have been bummin it in europe for about two and a half months. i was reading about the laws regarding the schnegan zone. it is a border agreement between a lot of western european countries that allows easier movement between borders. as a non EU citizen, i am only allowed three months out of six in the zone. many people tell me it is no big deal if i stay over it, but they have all been EU citizens who have told me. others say that i will be horribly fined. others say to get a visa, but i dont think i can pull that off with the amount of money i have. does anyone here have any experience with this?

peevedslacker

Reaction score
erm, well that depends on you. How much you can pull off, how lucky you are. Now if you stay put in say the UK there should be no problems. You could stay a couple of months to a few years. Problem then is getting out. Thats where your luck comes in, sometimes they will check with a fine tooth comb, you know the type of person that enjoys bringing other people down in the name of the law......or you could get someone who doesnt check, or someone who gets youve overstayed and is cool and lets you go because the alternative is ugly. My ex went through all of these scenarios. Travelling country to country, which admittedly was dumb, and dont think travelling over land will be much safer :) we did the 50 hour over land trip to avoid the visa people, from london to tallinn, estonia, checked 3 times vs just once with the plane, so all in all kinda annoying :) to discover that 50 hours later. As long as your not flying too much, or you know a border crossing thats generally not checked (most of the time they are not). Then your fine. A few months is generally fine. 6 months your pushing it. Depends who you get though, could be a freak accident, people been fined after 10 days late!!!...but generally speaking, they dont check that well. You ll be fine for a month or a two.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads