Esbit stove | Squat the Planet

Esbit stove

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Esbit stoves are awesome. Theyre cheap. You can get one with 6 tabs of fuel at REI or Big 5 for $15; packs of fuel tabs are about $7-10. The fuel tabs burn for about 10 minutes; which is enough to boil about a pint of water in about 5 minutes. Then you can save the unburnt portion for later. The stove itself is ultralight and small enough to fit in a shirt pocket. You can use the fuel tabs to start a fire; theyre great for this. These stove/fuel combos weigh less than a propane or white fuel camping stove. The only thing theyre not good for is cooking things that take significant time and/or intense heat. However they will warm up a can of soup, and are best for boiling water or other liquids quickly. I started out using a pop-can alcohol stove but switched to the Esbit because it was vastly more reliable and easy to use. And lighter than carrying a bottle of alcohol.

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
LOL Yeah they are kinda smelly. Not good to keep em in the same bag as your food. However I only used 1 or 2 tabs per day; just for morning coffee and then maybe a can of food at night. You have to do a cost comparison to see which is better for you- liquid fuel, gas, etc.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads