English guy touring US

Mike segger

Reaction score
Hi Guys

My names Mike. I WISH I found this website at the beginning of my journey. I'm currently hitch hiking right across the US from North Carolina to San Diego and up the coast to Seattle.

I'm currently in Lubbock Texas after meeting some truly incredible people who have got me this far

I'm 31 and a chef by trade. I am obsessed with the States and hope to live here one day

Hope you are all having a blessed day and look forward to interacting with many of you as I continue my journey (and maybe even get some help from here ;) )

Many thanks,

Mike

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Well this is awesome - welcome to STP and yeah - would have been cool to have you in before you set foot here! But hey yer in TX - where are you going, what are your plans - when do you leave etc etc. Be cool too hook you up with either some members or even some suggestions on some local spots to see where you are going. :) Have a great time!!!!

Also if you run into issues hitchhiking/camping - do let us know - and also IM me as well as I have other connections I can try as well. :)

Mike segger

Reaction score
Well this is awesome - welcome to STP and yeah - would have been cool to have you in before you set foot here! But hey yer in TX - where are you going, what are your plans - when do you leave etc etc. Be cool too hook you up with either some members or even some suggestions on some local spots to see where you are going. :) Have a great time!!!!

Also if you run into issues hitchhiking/camping - do let us know - and also IM me as well as I have other connections as well. :)

HEY!!

Thanks for the reply.

I think the guy I'm staying with here is taking me to Amarillo either tomorrow or Monday, and I'm looking to go to San Diego from there but I'm open to any other destination in the SO Cal region. My VISA runs out January 27th so I SHOULD be leaving by then. I just want to see as much of america as possible. Camping has been hard the last few nights as the freezing temperatures roll in.

Hope your day is well ☺️

N

Notmyname

If you're heading to SD try to make a stop in the slabs. Even if you can't make it for new years it's definitely something you wanna check out.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
We also have some youtube videos about it on our youtube channel (squattheplanet).

Sent from my LG-H815 using the Squat the Planet mobile app!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads