Engine Replace in old Toyota RV

TheSnite

Reaction score
Anyone in USA have a ballpark idea of the cost of replacing the engine in a 1991 Toyota Dolphin RV? Engine in there is a V6 3.0 EFI. I'm thinking of purchasing this at a good price, but I'm pretty sure the engine, at 183,000 is on its last legs.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Are you SURE it's the 3 liter v6? If so, malfunctions in those engines usually blow head gaskets around the #6 piston around 200,000 miles, so you are probably right. I dont think it's really worth buying a new engine for a vehicle that old unless it's a 22R or 22RE. But that's my personal take.

A new rebuilt 22RE is around 2.5/3K out of the box, I'm not even sure if they sell rebuilt 3.0 V6's...im guessing it would be similar in price.

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

Tony G

Reaction score
Anyone in USA have a ballpark idea of the cost of replacing the engine in a 1991 Toyota Dolphin RV? Engine in there is a V6 3.0 EFI. I'm thinking of purchasing this at a good price, but I'm pretty sure the engine, at 183,000 is on its last legs.
No clue but ask around you i got a new engine for my car a few years ago from the news paper just had to get it towed 320 for a new engine is great onky cast me a case of beer to get it put in

TheSnite

Reaction score
No clue but ask around you i got a new engine for my car a few years ago from the news paper just had to get it towed 320 for a new engine is great onky cast me a case of beer to get it put in
I called a local place who works just on Japanese cars and the problem he said was they would need to get it up on a lift and they don't have a lift big enough for an RV.

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I called a local place who works just on Japanese cars and the problem he said was they would need to get it up on a lift and they don't have a lift big enough for an RV.
Ya you would definitely have to either know someone who owns one, or go to a diesel/RV repair shop to find a lift that big.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads