effect of hairdo with getting rides | Squat the Planet

effect of hairdo with getting rides

The Hiker

Reaction score
I don't give a shit about fashion, but I've been wanting a buzz cut for a while now. But I hitchhike for most of my transportation so I feel like that would cut down on the people picking me up - I'd look scarier. Right now I've a bowl cut - it's ugly looking but very practical. How much do y'all think a buzz would affect hitching?

Reactions: roughdraft

roughdraft

Reaction score
i think i get what you're saying

i'm a 'fucking' white male who, while having a great volume of facial hair, started balding up top very young and so as i grow my hair way out in the...rear half of my scalp you could say.. it doesn't look wonderful - especially after swimming

and so i generally prefer short, very short hair because it 'looks' better and is less maintenance - i like the feel of a bald head as well - although because it causes me to appear as a skinhead, i do get judgement cast my way which is something i don't want to engage in because internally i don't resemble that

as a result of this judgement i find it's in the best case to have some hair AND wear a hat

so you could get it cut all the way down AND wear a hat too and it'd probably be the same difference

happy travels!

The Hiker

Reaction score
i think i get what you're saying

i'm a 'fucking' white male who, while having a great volume of facial hair, started balding up top very young and so as i grow my hair way out in the...rear half of my scalp you could say.. it doesn't look wonderful - especially after swimming

and so i generally prefer short, very short hair because it 'looks' better and is less maintenance - i like the feel of a bald head as well - although because it causes me to appear as a skinhead, i do get judgement cast my way which is something i don't want to engage in because internally i don't resemble that

as a result of this judgement i find it's in the best case to have some hair AND wear a hat

so you could get it cut all the way down AND wear a hat too and it'd probably be the same difference

happy travels!
Thanks!

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
No effect at all. Considering that the people that pick you up, are alternative in their own right. Most who will pick up hitchikers, pick up those regardless of style.
I've been hitching for a while, the whole time- I've had hairstyles from: dreadlocks, to blue mowhawks. Never let shit like a haircut slow you down.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads