Dumb Question. Should I go where lots of vagabonds/homeless are?

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I have yet to travel, so take this with a grain of salt (anyone with real experience, please feel free to expand on or correct me). I'd say look into laws that will affect your lifestyle in different states. Plan to hitchhike? Probably don't come to Florida bc it's illegal here. I would highly highly highly advise against being houseless in Broward County especially, cops there will take any opportunity to beat and degrade you. It's also illegal to feed the homeless there or for homeless people to have possessions on public property for a certain amount of time.
Hit up people in/that have traveled to the specific areas you wanna know about.
I can't speak for other southern states but in FL I've seen almost exclusively religious organizations that have services for houseless people.

Ya, i still don't know why people think that Florida is a good place to go to, there is SO much evidence to the contrary....

I hope that alligators and pythons reclaim that entire state for their own.

P

Popsicle

I'll answer this ! It depends on whether you want to be around people . That being said if for money aka spange lockdowns are less . If you just want to jungle up and do your thing then more populated is fun.

Note : keep a tight hold on your grip aka cash and stash if so

Venatus

Reaction score
stay away from shelters unless you can grab food. stay out of places like the tenderloin, or downtown la, where resources are sparse and competition is high. try to beeline encampments to figure out whos captain and what they are after. stay away from neighborhoods where you wouldnt want to raise your kids if you where a fuck all yuppie.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads