Don't stress, utopia is one gene treatment away... | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Don't stress, utopia is one gene treatment away...

dumpster harpy

Reaction score
Why should I believe them?

They are the a part of the federal government of the United States, and organization that has repeatedly proven it's willingness to bomb, shoot, and brainwash the world into submission.

What keeps me from assuming that their manipulated data and illogical conclusions are just an attempt to manipulate people into trading their rights for the benefit of the powerful?

All Who Wander

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
And ya see thats the great thing about math and facts in general, they are right there in front of you and give exactly 0 fuks about your feelings.

You dont need to assume anything, if you think the data is faulty or or the conclusions are illogical its right there for you to disprove it.

The debated history of the United States, and the desires of the ruling class who funded the study have absolutely nothing to do with the reality of the calculations or it's logucal summation no matter how much you wish they did.

The more interesting result of the study is to watch your reaction to it. You'd rather believe any far fetched conspiracy, than to actually face the facts and change the way you live.

Dont worry, your reaction is predictable and your far from alone. Since 2014 the study has made no real impact on anyone's behavior.

It's as if somebody showed us proof a giant planet killing asteroid was due to hit earth and everyone just said "my, thats very distressing...let's watch cat videos!"

dumpster harpy

Reaction score
The data is faulty. The conclusions are illogical. The video I linked to above laid out how better than I can here.

If you think that the ruling class is incapable of influencing or manipulating data for the purpose of controlling people, then I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Again you imply that I am of inferior understanding, that I would believe "any far-fetched conspiracy". As Robert Anton Wilson would say, "I don't believe anything. But I have many suspicions."

If we're going to talk about each other like specimens, I find it very interesting that your reaction to dissention is to try your best to act intelligent while implying I'm stupid, instead of formulating an actual argument.

At the very beginning of this thread, you asked if we would support radical population control measures, even if nonconsensual. You have since revealed your support and desire to commit (or have committed on your behalf) nonconsensual violence on other individuals based on your doomsday beliefs supplied to you by the federal government.

Therefore, I conclude that you are a bad (or just severely misguided) person, with whom I have no desire to associate.

You have not proved the sky is falling, only that you believe it to be.

All Who Wander

Banned
Reaction score
so Malcalypse, just to frame your augment...

Space X wants to refurbish the Kennedy space center and before spending hundreds of millions of dollars, contracts an independent study to be done to consider any potential threats to the center for the next 100+ years.

'The independent research project is based on a new cross-disciplinary 'Human And Nature DYnamical' (HANDY) model, led by applied mathematician Safa Motesharrei of the US National Science Foundation-supported National Socio-Environmental Synthesis Center, in association with a team of natural and social scientists. The HANDY model was created using a minor Nasa grant, but the study based on it was conducted independently. The study based on the HANDY model has been accepted for publication in the peer-reviewed Elsevier journal, Ecological Economics."

SO this study comes out and says the greatest danger facing the project (and mankind in general) is not global warming, nuclear war, a robot/AI uprising, asteroids, or terrorism... the greatest danger is the near inevitable collapse of all western nations caused primarily by the rising scarcity of resources and the stratification of society into elites who horde resources, and non-elites who have reduced access to them.

The study spits in the face of global consumerism, it says that the capitalist path of unsustainable continuous growth that we have been on for the last century is statistically proven to end in our destruction, and if we do not change how we live and distribute resources radically it will.

You think, because this independent study received a partial grant from NASA, even though it directly challenges the consumerism that the government, the super-rich, and american corporations depend on, it must be some nefarious plot aimed at stealing your rights and reducing your freedom for their overall benefit...

Your reasoning leaves me slack faced and in complete awe. ::wideeyed:: if there is a government dupe in our conversation... it... is... not... me.

further telling everyone your not listening anymore neener neener isn't a great way to deal with people you disagree with.

PS. your video is about urban overcrowding, it says almost nothing about overpopulation other than to claim the study of overpopulation is not based on facts but observations of traffic jams and other urban issues (untrue.)

Spider- First... what nazi eugenics project? Mike Pence just came out and said this... "I truly believe, with all of my heart, this is the pro-life generation in America," Pence said. "And I truly believe, in this generation, we will restore the sanctity of life to the center of American law once again."

Planned parenthood started as a eugenics program aimed at making abortions available in black and low income neighborhoods (with the hope that later they might be required by law). The right is doing everything they can to get rid of planned parenthood. How do you equate that with supporting a nazi eugenics program?

PS. I'm not alt. anything. I'm a fatalistic nihilist/absurdist. I hate all humans equally and I'm so pro-abortion I wish men could have them.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Drengor

dumpster harpy

Reaction score
First it was about eugenics, then climate change, and now it's just about scarcity?

You keep moving the goalposts. You accuse me of fearing some shadowy plot to violate my rights, yet in this very thread you have expressed your support of nonconsensual population control measures. Who needs a conspiracy when people like you exist openly?

All Who Wander

Banned
Reaction score
I never supported eugenics, people accused me of supporting eugenics because I consider gene modification as a possible way to deal with looming collapse brought on by scarcity, I never mentioned climate change other people added that on because I shared a disturbed video. maybe you need to go back and re-read all this to figure out who your debating.

by the way... that website you shared was debunked...

https://www.metabunk.org/debunked-o...s-a-myth-population-research-institute.t1144/

DrewSTNY

Reaction score
So, is the HANDY model basing food production on industrial farming scale? If resource scarcity is boiled down to food and shelter, then I think that their math is flawed. I believe that arrable land is highly available or can be created (ie. Goeff Lawton); therefore, the food production capability of the planet is unrealized by these models. The drive to push everyone into the cities has done more to push societal collapse than anything else, in my opinion. This rise of the city/urban populations has disassociated humanity from the Earth their ancestors depended on for their survival. Modern society still depends on the fruits of the planet to survive; however, most people have no concept of what that really looks like. As far as population control, this has been something that eugenecists and power elite have been hyping for years. There was an article in Mother Earth News years ago with the illustration of a city being choked out by its own pollution contrast against an idyllic greenspace filled with happy poeple riding bicycles and playing catch. I think the author's name was Brown, and he was/is a full on population control advocate citing his appreciation of the Chinese methods of population control with forced abortion and permission to procreate. The whole thing sounded strangely barbaric to me and, at the time, I tended to believe that over population was a problem. I am not convinced at this point that we really understand anything about the carrying capacity of the planet or technology that can increase food production on a per acre annual basis.
But this is just my opinion which matters little since I have no voice, no influence over the direction of the world's governments.

Reactions: Odin

Dagonshucks

Reaction score
It's all about self-sustaining ecologies. I think if there are genetically engineered crops, marketing agencies will stop advertising the original strain and capitalism will be responsible for the extinction of the pure crop in the name of commerce, if the major power.

I've always thought that drinking coffee caffeinated and without additives meant you were against genetic engineering, but is that true?

Last edited:

DrewSTNY

Reaction score
It's all about self-sustaining ecologies. I think if there are genetically engineered crops, marketing agencies will stop advertising the original strain and capitalism will be responsible for the extinction of the pure crop in the name of commerce, if the major power.

I've always thought that drinking coffee caffeinated and without additives meant you were against genetic engineering, but is that true?
You mean without cream and sugar? Well then, yes it must be true. Straight, black, strong coffee all the way. Just the way God made it. But since coffee roasters can't prove that everything in coffee is harmless, if you live in CA, you will die of coffee induced cancer.

I think the rush to engineered crops is a disaster waiting to happen. Careful cultivation over generations has proven more stable gene pools in the varieties of vegetables. Gene splicing to resist herbicides just doesn't sit well with me.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads