Doggy bed | Squat the Planet

Doggy bed

Pixie Walden

Reaction score
i Travel with two decent sized dogs, I feel bad when they have to just sleep on my tarp ( I let them sleep in my sleeping bag with me sometimes but they r both geting too big for that) So this year Im going to take a nice fluffy sheep blanket on the road with me for them to sleep on, it folds down pretty small and fits very well on the straps outside of my bag , what do you normally take for your road pups?

Reactions: Stank Hill

Shakou

Reaction score
Our dogs (a 35 pound Pit Bull mix, and a 45 pound Blue Heeler) usually just sleep on whatever we sleep on, a sleeping bag or blanket. But that means they have to deal with sharing it with us, and that can get old for them (nothing like getting kicked in the face by a sleeping human), so if they don't like it, they just crawl off and find something else to sleep on, and if there isn't anything else, they just curl up and sleep on the ground. They're dogs, they don't mind that as much as we would :)

Reactions: Pixie Walden

Ekstasis

Reaction score
I could be paranoid but would a coyote/wild critter be attracted to the smell? It sounds like your dogs could fight them off, but why bother? My dogs tore up a lamb skin that I had for my son.
I don't have any suggestions for alternative beds.

Danny Dissent

Reaction score
my girlfriend and i just recently got a puppy. she's definitely a rotty, but i can't figure out what she's mixed with. i'm thinking it's pit. i gotta get a camera so i can post a picture so someone can help me out.

Shakou

Reaction score
I could be paranoid but would a coyote/wild critter be attracted to the smell? It sounds like your dogs could fight them off, but why bother?

When we sleep at night, we tie our dogs to our back packs which are situated directly next to us. There's no way I'd let them loose at night while we're sleeping. If a Coyote or something else approaches, our dogs will detect it long before we do and alert us to it. We've never had a situation with wildlife that's gotten ugly, but we do carry bear mace and other self defense weapons should something happen.

Jawline

Reaction score
I just throw down my jacket if I have one since I'm not gonna be using it. but since my dog's grown up he's gone from refusing to sleep on anything but soft stuff to the opposite. H

landpirate

campervan untilising nomadic traveller
Reaction score
my dog either sleeps on my jacket too or if i'm off out and about for a long time with her, i've got an old sleeping bag that i cut down somewhat and restitched so its like a mini sleeping bag, she is part jack russell and so likes to burrow into things so its perfect for her. like a little dog bed cave. i can't deal with having her in my sleeping bag i either end up kicking her or she spreads out too much.

Pixie Walden

Reaction score
yeh i
When we sleep at night, we tie our dogs to our back packs which are situated directly next to us. There's no way I'd let them loose at night while we're sleeping. If a Coyote or something else approaches, our dogs will detect it long before we do and alert us to it. We've never had a situation with wildlife that's gotten ugly, but we do carry bear mace and other self defense weapons should something happen.
i always tie my dogs to my pack when im sleeping as well, works well most of the time but every now and then my dog will see a rabbit relli early in the morning and take off after it dragging my 30 pound pack right along with him, when we were in Colorado camping in the mountains an elk snuck up on us while we were trying to set up camp, my dog wasnt tied up yet and he took off after it b4 i even knew what happened or could relli see it, he came right back tough and looked proud as a motherfucker that he had chased something that big.

D

Deleted member 2626

My dog Curls up wherever but I usually put him in my hooded sweatshirt or if it's not real cold I let him lay on my fleece liner last night he ended up crashin in the dead grass

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Reaction score
Keep garbages bags, won't take place in your pack. When you set ''camp'' if you are in the city, fill it with newspapers, in the woods, pine needles or dry leaves whatever, you know, just insulation from the ground. Your dog will get to use it as it own position. You can fold your tarp in 2 and fill it with stuff to, duct tape the corner so that it doesnt get off easily.
Yet another use for garbage bags, you gotta love those things, especially the heavy construction bags.

DisPanik

Reaction score
Since my dog is a boston terrier I got enough place for her in the sleeping bag. And I'm never cold!

Chewbacka

Reaction score
I've got a 60 pound female pit and she just sleeps where ever she lays down. I'd tie her off to my pack and use her as a pillow. She seemed to like it because she would push my pack out of the way to lay down by my head. When she was a puppy she would sleep at the bottom of my sleeping bag until it blew out from us moving around to much haha. Only down side is she has short hair and winter can get to her so I put a jacket on her.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads