Does anyone here have ADHD (the wanderlust gene)? (2 Viewers)

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Hometown
Earth
Website
www.youtube.com
only on the adhd front.... it's like a hamster spinning a cage while it runs...

Thats all... the thing is... at least in my experience it is possible to know the baseline of your own mind.

Now ... fuck society... the question is what do you want to do or go with that?

edit:

this may be a good example of not having a coherent idea to post because of drinking though ha... seriously though I think as I get older yes... I am manifesting less patience with attention... or that might be the instant gratification of internet and society that I experience. All I know is, I read less books that I used to and I used to read a lot. Gotta work on refocusing my mind.

Last edited:
Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

trashswag86

Hometown
New Jerusalem, Idaho
Website
www.instagram.com
... fuck society... the question is what do you want to do or go with that?
Community over society.

It's true, there are some unique things to the ADHD mind that can *potentially* work out in ones favor.

The tendency of the mind too wander can contribute to out of the box thinking.
But you gotta also have resources (education, etc) and rewards -however those might come about for you personally.

Wheat2020

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Hometown
Humboldt, TN
For some people ADHD manifests outwardly, whereas for others it's more mental. (Sometimes called ADD, though there's no official diagnosis with that name) As in, the mental state is hyperactive, while also being unfocussed.

My sister was diagnosed, and I likely have it as well.

Sometimes you'll hear people talk about "hyperfocussing", generally as this supposed sorta super-power that ADHD people can sometimes attain. But this ability is not *at will*. Hyperfocussing only comes when there's intense interest in the subject. Many purple believe ADHD involves a lack of dopamine, which is the "reward neurotransmitter". So it's maybe harder for us to feel rewarded for focus on something that doesn't have us intensely involved.... Or, this is how I've understood it.

My sister thinks that hyperfocussing isn't all super powers though, however. Someone with ADHD might obsessively focus on something that's totally out of their control, or what have you.

Anyway, this is what I've picked up on the subject.
✌
For most of my life I've been believed to have ADHD, but I've never been tested. All I know is that when I consume sugar or carbs, my attention span and ability to think critically plummets, but I don't know if that's because of ADHD, or just because refined carbs and sugar is so awful.

I've been called "weird" a lot before. But that could be any combination of ADHD, being sheltered as a kid, not being adapted to the local culture at all because of the sheltering and having spent most of my childhood and teenhood online and with video games, lack of social skills, or just, anything.

Man I remember when I was oddly obsessively looking for a poncho. Was THAT hyperfocus?

OP
crazy ADHD warrior woman
Hometown
Ewing
For most of my life I've been believed to have ADHD, but I've never been tested. All I know is that when I consume sugar or carbs, my attention span and ability to think critically plummets, but I don't know if that's because of ADHD, or just because refined carbs and sugar is so awful.

I've been called "weird" a lot before. But that could be any combination of ADHD, being sheltered as a kid, not being adapted to the local culture at all because of the sheltering and having spent most of my childhood and teenhood online and with video games, lack of social skills, or just, anything.

Man I remember when I was oddly obsessively looking for a poncho. Was THAT hyperfocus?
it exists with or without sugar. many people eat sugary diets and dont develop adhd

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Hometown
Earth
Website
www.youtube.com
I can't remember... lol but did the Simpsons have an episode with adhd and Ritalin?

Maybe get some ritalin pills with sugar and be like woot woot big pharma... solves everything right???

haha... oh I see... I get that adhd for at least an hour after waking up... morning or naptime...

got lots of time for naptime now... it's great.... snoooooooozeeee to zzz zzz zzz zzzaaaaaaa!!!

::stinkyfeet::

thrift stores are great for odd n ends like that... or you make your own with tyvek like material... I have square yards of it from an old job... only thing is its blank white so it's not camo... no one will find you in a blizzard but you'll stand out on a moonless night under a street lamp.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$100.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $100.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

First track of one of a solid album.
This shit is getting real, under self isolation - no, it's self quarantine now - thanks to some jerk who came to the Plant knowingly sick.
He has judged himself, as for me... my locker has been emptied because I am not putting up with that bullshit.
Looks like I just decided to take an early retirement, so on to greener pastures I go......
Be safe out there, perhaps we'll meet again when times are better.
I hope that y'all are good and safe wherever you may happen to be. Take care of yourselves, may the wind always be at your back <3
When Democrat and Republican politicians argue and fuck up so badly we end up taking 1st place in Plague Inc irl:

So, here's something great! After finally saying NO to eating carbs and sugar this morning (since that's mostly all there is to eat at home) and instead bought and ate vegetables, I actually don't have cravings anymore!

All I've eaten today is two sweet potatoes and some broccoli, and I don't have any food cravings, and I'm not lethargic!
Matt Derrick wrote on snailormoon's profile.
aww i really like your new profile picture.
Beautiful day to be alive and listen to the birds chirp, remembering to be grateful for what we have and not worry about what we have not.
Healthy in PDX. Back here after years to keep track of those bugging out and to check in on those still on the road.