Documents and vaccination tags in every city? | Squat the Planet

Documents and vaccination tags in every city?

Xyndr

Reaction score
I know certain cities/states require registration of dogs and/or licences. Im wondering how this will work with traveling. Will every city i pass through expect me to meet their regulations or is a Rabies Vax tag enough to get by? just want to make sure i keep my furbaby safe and with me.

thanks for any advice/help

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
changed your title to be more descriptive. descriptive titles get clicks. clicked threads get more answers :)

anyways, you should be fine for 99% of the situations you'd run into if you have your dog tagged and have all their vax's and whatnot. while i'm not a pet owner i have many friends who are, and they've never really complained about being hassled about that stuff as they go from city to city.

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
I've never had to supply proof of vaccinations for my dog while passing through state-state. Even in a case where a cop had followed up because she had bitten someone.. Surprisingly.
The only shit I ever got from the authorities was in El Paso, TX. The street police out there fucking hate travellers, and threatened to take my dog away from me- becuase apparentlaly there is a law out there saying you have to micro-chip your animals. I never looked it up, but that's what the pigs were trying to pull.

rando

Reaction score
Never had a problem anywhere other than Santa Cruz. The pigs hate travels in Santa Cruz too. All the homeless there are forced to sleep in one park and they get monitored constantly. Anyhow, never had a problem ever. Not when getting arrested, not when getting ticketed, never even been questioned about it except in SC.

Reactions: Xyndr

Dameon

Reaction score
License is optional, because dog licenses are for each county, and you can't be expected to have a license for each state you pass through. Still, having one is best. Rabies tag is essential, but a rabies tag is universal. I've had cops use lack of rabies tags to harass me and to prevent me from riding transit. Basically, a license is optional, but you must have a rabies tag.

Preacher

Reaction score
Mine was fully caught up on everything when I first left. Rabies second year. Couldn't afford anything the 3rd and last year I was out. Never asked, never hassled. If you can afford the rabies, though, I would. When you have internet, search on free rabies and your area. NOW I know you can get some really low cost clinics. And if you're constantly on the move, good chance somewhere you'll come across a free event with the ASPCA or something. But they seem to be more in the summertime. Searching near me I see as low as $15.

• Useful

Xyndr

Reaction score
we are getting her fixed and her first round of rabies this monday ( shes about 8mo) so we will be set on that. the rabies is only costing us $13 (we are in alabama) and my mom is paying for her spay. thanks everyone for the info. im glad we shouldnt have to worry. im also lucky to be traveling with my partner so if one of us gets caught up with the law, the other can take her and not worry about her getting taken and/or put down.

allyncooper

Reaction score
Shouldn't be a problem if you have documentaion of current vaccinations. Same with licensing. I've checked into taking a dog into Canada and AFAIK all you need is current documentation of vaccinations.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads