Documentary Film

WakeForestDoc

Reaction score

Greetings all-
We are documentary film students in Winston-Salem, NC and we are interested in doing a documentary about alternative ways of transportation and alternative lifestyles. Specifically, we are interested in people who have chosen a transient lifestyle because of the economy.
If you are in the North Carolina or the surrounding area and are willing to speak with us about your adventures, please reply to this message.
Our timeframe is very open.

-M & J

Reactions: SmilinSteph

bryanpaul

Reaction score
will beer and snacks be provided?

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
http://www.wfu.edu/documentary/about/
Doesn't appear like the type of soiree that would provide "beer and snacks". But we're open for negotiations amirite. Would you guys do wine and cheese, or better yet could we up it to scotch and hors d'oeuvres?

bryanpaul

Reaction score
Would you guys do wine and cheese, or better yet could we up it to scotch and hors d'oeuvres?
nahh... they need to experience the authentic "transient lifestyle" .... four loko and vienna sausages under a tiny awning at a Flying J in the rain.....cocktail party!..................

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
nahh... they need to experience the authentic "transient lifestyle" .... four loko and vienna sausages under a tiny awning at a Flying J in the rain.....cocktail party!..................
Valid point, fair enough.

E

Earth

Can't help out on this one but curious as to how you would be doing it, would you be shooting 16 mm film and maybe do the audio on one of those super cool Nagra 1tk machines??
Maybe tomorrow I'll see if mine still works, as it's been a while........

I was asked about 10 years ago to do a soundtrack for this chick I met at a photo exhibition who had loads of VHS footage of the Colorado redwood forests being cut down, illegally od course - and of course I jumped at that offer - was going to do it for free as it gave me an excuse to fire up my commercial VHS-S/HD machines, maybe even x-fer it to U-MATIC and work off that - but somewhere along the line - she got arrested - and simply vanished without a trace.

Too bad, as homegrown documentaries by the peeps for the peeps are always the best kind..........
Her name was Jessica, but i believe she went by the name Spankin' Jess...
(and before you ask, I have no idea why)

Hope you guys pull off something that's got cred to it, because in the end - that's the only thing that matters.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads