Do I want to visit Savannah again...?

D

Deleted member 8978

Guys, here's a simple reason. A few days ago, a plane took off from an airport north of Savannah, then it crashed. Nine people were on board, no survivors. It's main impact was GA 21 around Port Wentworth, but some of its debris also spreaded over the CSX double-tracks next to the highway.

As a result of the crash/accident, the national guard and several other groups reportedly closed off GA 21 and a section of the CSX tracks, forcing drivers to take different routes and CSX to redirect their trains.

However, I never received any updates of the re-opening of the CSX tracks. And already, I still have been seeing both the Q031's and the Q141's tagging Folkston, GA as early as 04:00 in the morning which is usually within their average schedule. That is basically my personal research.

Something may not be right. So to make sure everything falls perfectly into place and I know what's going on between CSX and Port Wentworth, I might have to go there myself and see if the city did re-open the tracks.

Reactions: wokofshame
D

Deleted member 125

gonzo journalism train activity. im for it! plus i mean its been a minute but i remember savannah being a cool little town.

blue ant

Reaction score
Shit, dude, I'm in Savannah right now! Saw the North end of the GA 21 roadblock. Looks hot, but cops on the road blocks don't care about harassing travellers, just want to do their job.

D

Deleted member 8978

Wait until night time and then you can wait patiently at the US 17 bridge on the south end of their CSX facility. If a southbound pulls out and awaits their signal, you can find a rideable and sneak on board. That is what I did on my first ride and it was easy!

• Useful
Reactions: wokofshame

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads