DIY: How to build a Wooden Wind Generator

ProfessorX

Reaction score
So I think this is probably the cheapest way to get free power. Build a Wooden wind generator. There's a how to on this web site the addy is Wooden wind generator

You use this into a car battery and then run an inverter off of the car battery, an inverter should run you about $40, the wood wire and all that can probably found for free and you can probably find a car battery somewhere. You will need to know someone with tools though or a craft center with shop tools.

Reactions: ipoPua

claymation

Reaction score
Here's one with a bike hub dynamo. This particular Shimano hub I've seen on the net for about 40 bucks or so. The use split PVC pipe for blades. With a little ingenuity, this is a very viable energy source. I've got one that I intend to use for charging USB gadgets.

travelin

Reaction score
using pvc for the blades makes it much easier as the curve of the pipe makes an almost perfect airfoil.

id love to build one using an ac/delco altenator and six foot blades cut from 4" pvc.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads