dig.

iixila

Reaction score
Website
www.iixila.blogspot.com
to make a long story short, i moved to NYC to find the Truths i've read about; the times of jack kerouac, mister burroughs, the open-minded exhilaration regarding Words and Thought, a new age of beauty and feeling Life.

i hopped off the greyhound two months ago, and i sobbed at what my illusion turned out to be. call me naive, call me a child, i've whipped myself with those words numerous times, haha.

a week or so after i moved here, i accidentally stumbled across a group of anarcho-punk squatters (leftover crack/c squat/ old skooler types), and travellers- there's a decent gathering here in the LES at any given time - and my mind was fucking blown at the purity, and ..wholeness. seeing individuals who actually act on their wanderlust, more so than hopping a bus every 3-4 months, and starting over: apartment, job, boxbox, move, apartment, job, boxboxbox - goddamn! they've become some of the closest friends i've ever had. through them, i've learned that my Truths (both political and non) are not gone, they just took a different form than what i expected.

i've jumped into this world, and i'm breathing for the first time.

i'm a newbie, i have absolutely no idea what i'm doing (i'm picking it up fast, though! haha), but i know without a doubt, i will do this for the rest of my life.

hi, y'all.
i'm alixi.
(uh-licks-he)

meathook

Reaction score
new yawk's kinda disappointing, aye? i spent some time there last summer and felt it was thoroughly... eh. have you made it 'round abc no rio yet? if not, check that out asap. and welcome, good to have you here :)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads